“Now my parents think I didn't get them anything for their 40th anniversary” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Resort Southern California

You added Harrah's Resort Southern California to your Saves list
Harrah's Resort Southern California
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   777 Harrah's Rincon Way, Valley Center, CA 92082 (Formerly Harrah's Rincon Casino & Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Valley Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Orange County, CA
“Now my parents think I didn't get them anything for their 40th anniversary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Knowing that my parents were going to Harrahs Rincon for their 40th anniversary, I called the hotel and spoke with room service to arrange for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to their room when they checked in. I didn't receive the call back I was promised to confirm that the delivery had taken place, so a few hours after I knew they would have arrived, I called room service to verify that the bottle had been delivered. The employee I spoke with assured me that the delivery had been made and the request closed. When I spoke with my parents the next day, shortly before they were to check out, they indicated that they received nothing from room service.

When I called to complain, the room service employee assured me that they could have a replacement bottle of champagne sent over within a half hour. Not a free bottle, mind you, the one I had taken great care to have delivered on their anniversary the day before. As though I want my parents to swig down a whole bottle of ludicrously overpriced champagne at 9:00 am just before they hit the road to drive home.

Great suggestion, room service employee! That offer totally makes up for the missed opportunity! Maybe the next time my parents have a 40th wedding anniversary, you can get it right, and bet batting .500!

Regrettably, since my parents have gaming credit at this hotel, they're likely to continue to go there for special occasions. But if a hotel with even _barely_ competent guest services is a priority for you, look elsewhere. You won't find one at Harrah's Rincon.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We had a free room offer that included Friday night, so we decided to enjoy a weekend getaway to San Diego and stay at Harrah's Rincon. On check-in the clerk mentioned the garden room we had reserved might be noisy due to the nightclub at the pool. We requested to be moved to a room away from the pool on a higher floor. Our room was very nice with updated decor, but we learned later that it wasn't far enough away from the pool. Since neither of us was having much luck with the slots and we were tired from our daytime excursions around San Diego, we returned to our room around 10pm hoping to enjoy a couple of hours relaxing and watching TV before going to sleep. The room we were moved to wasn't far enough away from the nightclub below and we had to endure four and a half hours of torture from the unrelenting noise. Apparently there are no breaks...just one DJ after another. We checked out after breakfast and went to Pala down the road. We have stayed at other hotels where the nightclub music was irritating but tolerable. This awful noise (I refuse to call it music) was extremely disturbing for anyone trying to enjoy a night in their room. If the hotel is trying to discourage patrons over 35 from staying on weekends, they will certainly succeed with this outdoor nightclub gimmick. (Don't guests over 30 usually have more money to gamble with than the 20-year olds they are trying to attract with the nightclub?) We love the hotel and the casino but we will stay elsewhere on weekends when the outdoor nightclub is open from 10-2:30am. It's too bad the noise drove us nearly mad because we enjoyed our room, the restaurants and the casino. We were glad we weren't staying another night!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
StaynPlay, Manager at Harrah's Resort Southern California, responded to this review, November 24, 2009
CharlyCat,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Harrah’s Rincon Casino & Resort. We are glad that you love the property; however we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the nightclub, Eclipse, and will share your feedback with our Entertainment Manager and the rest of our Management Team. Eclipse is one of the seasonal entertainment options that is offered on Saturday nights, April-October only.

We truly appreciate your business and the feedback that you have provided, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

The hotel is very close to San Diego. Good for many. Planning to gamble? better go to Vegas. Winning is not only about luck, it is also payout, which in Harrahs you won't find, not even in nearby casinos as Valley View nor Pechanga. Plan ahead and book a low flight which will be better that going to Harrahs Rincon.
Hotel seems nice, but nothing near (restaurants, shopping, etc.) nearby. Buffet very disturbing to see filthy floors, tables, no hygine at all!!! Room service terrible quality food, let not go into first impression, they always forgot something (sugar if you requested coffee, spoon if you asked for cereal, ketchup for the fries), I mean it was bad!
The virtual visit looks nice, but beleive me, no, no! it smells bad, looks old and NOT clean in any area.
I was given a big Suite. For the price it was quite nice, but in their website they say "Plasma TV". Men, I looked even under the bed and I could NOT find it. There were 2 regular TVs in the Suite, but no Plasma.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Jpmex,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Harrah’s Rincon. Your comments about the buffet and room service have been forwarded onto the appropriate managers for review.

In regards to the TV, our website guarantees that every room will have a 32” TV, however it does not state that they are plasmas.

We hope that you will visit us again the future, and look forward to hearing about your next trip.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

We visited again and had another great visit.

This time we did the jazz brunch which was a relaxing way to start a Sunday. We went out sightseeing for the entire day.

We never had a bad meal. The pool area was superb.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Times are tough all over but to charge $4.75 for a Bud while I was at a table is crazy customer service. With a tip I paid $6 for 1 bud. I made reservations over the 800 number and was informed I had a $30 food credit. Great. Check in was fine and was also informed I had a $30 food credit and to go to the players club booth to get a voucher. Great. The players club booth told me I did not have a credit. Then they said I did have a credit but I needed a coupon to get it. After asking to speak to manager(waited 5 minutes and no manager showed up) I was informed a "Special exception" was made just for me but I had to use the entire credit at one restaurant for 1 meal. Guess what is coming next. The buffet was aweful except for the FRESH Japenese food made in front of me by the great Japenese chef they have. The room was large and very clean. The concert in the parking lot woke me up serveral times. The tables were very high price. Because of the remote location, no cheap drinks were available and no inexpensive tables were available. I hope they make it, but I quit drinking after 1 beer and quit playing soon after. I just watched TV and went to bed early only to have the concert wake me.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Nevdestine,

We apologize that there was confusion over your food credit at check-in, and will review this matter with our Hotel and Total Reward Departments.

As is the case in many of our departments, a Supervisor may be able to help you find a table or move you to a Hotel Room further away from the concert venue. It is our intention to provide you with a great gaming and hotel experience, and we will use all of our available resources to do so.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

Stayed at the Harrahs Rincon on the last day of our 5 night stay in San Diego. The rooms was great. Had a Premium King in the Garden Tower. Room was much like the WaterTower Rooms at the Atlantic City Harrahs.
Had Dinner at the Buffet and Breakfast at the Cafe. We really liked both meals.
Casino was small but intimate and the dealers were great. Denbigh our 3 Card Poker dealer was awesome he made the night awesome for me and my Fiance.
Also the craps dealers were fun, Paul and Lizzy were great.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying the San Diego area. If I am in the area again I would stay in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
StaynPlay, Manager at Harrah's Resort Southern California, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Catfishncwc - We’re so glad you were able to spend a night with us while you were in San Diego! And thanks for the positive comments on the Buffet, Café and are amazing dealers. We love to recognize outstanding employees, and we’ll pass your comments along. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Free room and dining didn't make up for the lousy paying slots.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Resort Southern California? Share your experiences!