“Our Room was OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Resort Southern California

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Resort Southern California to your Saves list
Harrah's Resort Southern California
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   777 Harrah's Rincon Way, Valley Center, CA 92082 (Formerly Harrah's Rincon Casino & Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Oceanside, California
“Our Room was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a good time but our room was soooo far to walk away from the area and they charged me an additional 150 dollars for my room taking out of my account. Even at check out i was charged the correct amount but when i look into my account i was charged ALOT more. I called back to the hotel and was told to leave a message to dispute..(no acutal person) and they will get back with me in 48 hours....never did but I look at my account two days later and the money was fixed. I had to wait though and with no response from them. I didn't like that and I don't it was far...but the food was good!!! Service was great in the buffet that morning!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Lomita, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed here for two nights. We got the room for a great rate. Room included a fridge and then a microwave upon request for no extra charge. When we checked in we were disappointed to find out that due to the current construction going on the pool is closed for the next couple months. We had a view of the pool in its current condition and it was pure torture to see this beautiful pool and not being able to use it. This is a smaller casino compared to others, so easy to walk through quickly. But also easy to run out of games to play. Buffet was good. Most of the staff was nice. Although there was one slot tech who was extremely rude and called my friend a liar when she said the wheel did not spin but took her money anyway. Went to the Cafe for breakfast. Selection was okay. Would stay here again but when the ppol is finished.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Pasadena, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This property is managed by a California Indian Tribe and as such is subject to those rules. that being said, it is accessed by a winding hillside road (those aren't mountains people). Once you get there, there is construction at the moment but it is progressing rapidly. (You are warned at check in).
The rooms are up to snuff with a 3-4 star property and the staff is what you'd expect from any Harrah's property. The casino is small by casino standards so don't expect vegas size casino floor. For such a small property, there are more than enough dining choices and Fiore is EXCELLENT! The buffet has a wide variety and if you have a Total Rewards card, don't forget to swipe and get your comps or use your accrued points to eat well.

Best Feature? The luxury of ordering beverages from the machine at which you're palying. Yup, just select your drink, push the button and it's on its way. Wait time? not too shabby versus hunting for a waitress yelling "Cocktails" who breezes by before you can flag her/him down. Harrah's New Orleans has this feature also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alta Loma, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am a loyal guest at Harrahs rincon, I find the staff very helpfull, Harrahs is just like any other casino, its just luck I win some I loose some, but overall I really enjoy myself, the rooms are very nice, the comps are great, the pool is one of the nicest ones I have seen, now they are inproving it to be even better, Harrahs to me is the best casino around, I have a hour @ half drivem but its so worth it, you can win at Harrahs but overhaul just go and enjoy the property

Room Tip: If you want a poolside room go to the garden tower
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
BRISBANE,AUSTRALIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was our 3rd visit. No mention made on booking that major noisy construction would be
occuring or that the swimming pool and spa would be closed. When you pay over $250 for
the Saturday night surely this could be advised. Buffet cost was high but this seems to be the trend even in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Check to see whether the building work has finished.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's a neat little place in North San Diego county but beware! I'm an avid blackjack and poker player and this hotel didn't have much to offer. For two nights in a row they didn't have ONE poker table up and running. During the day, they had one table with a multiple player waiting list. The blackjack seemed rigged. All of the dealer trays were stocked full of chips which to me equated to them taking lots of cash off of their guests. At one point the dealer hit 3 BJs in a row on a single deck game. I would've chalked it up to bad luck but it happened again less than 12 hours later at a different table. Please be weary!

Room Tip: If you have the Total Rewards card with Caesars Entertainment you could score comp'd nights. Ch...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently went to join a friend from LA to celebrate my birthday. We were treated to a suite on the 21st floor. Great suite with a jacuzzi tub and view of mountains. Although construction is going on, we never heard any noise. Food was great at the cafe except for the T-bone steak which my friend ordered. It was like rubber. If you play a certain amount of time, you receive a $20 food voucher every 24 hr. period by sliding your players card at a kiosk. The machines were fairly loose and that makes everything better. They do need to keep an eye on updating their website. I planned to take their bus service home on Monday and they had discontinued that service Monday through Wed. starting that week.So, I paid $95 for a town car to get home. Very nice driver and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Harrah's Resort Southern California? Share your experiences!