“Guido Place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Resort Southern California

Save Saved
You added Harrah's Resort Southern California to your Saves list
Harrah's Resort Southern California
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   777 Harrah's Rincon Way, Valley Center, CA 92082 (Formerly Harrah's Rincon Casino & Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Center
GreenLeadersGold level
“Guido Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are a decent guy , you definatly don't want to experience this place!!I was there last night playing black jack , 6 hours minimum 50$ per hand, and they don't even charg my player card for a free buffet! So , I came back to the manager in tables and told him about that , and he was like yeah probably the previous guy forgot to charg your card !! And i was like can you do it now , he said no and laughing at me !they are not decent at all!
By the way, Their POKER Room is like just one table limited holdem , and all local people who knows eachother . They don't even have a unlimited holdem:)).

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Green Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

With construction going on from 7 am to 11pm (jackhammers stated at 8am) and the fact there is no pool or hot tubs there is not a lot to offer. With that said the food was very good in The Cafe and the Steak House. The area is full of Casinos that are newer and nicer. There is also a $12.95 per day charge for wi-fi.

Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Made a reservation at Harrah's RIncon- Asked THREE times for the confirmation to be sent to us via e-mail! Never received it! Called and this place of business who does not pay any taxes HAS THE NERVE TO OUTSOURCE THEIR WORK! I WAS CONNECTED TO SOMEONE IN THE PHILLIPPINES!! HIRE AMERICANS!!! We also tried find what the going-ons were for the three nights and four days we were going to be there and after 4 calls and speaking to several people NOT ONE COULD TELL US WHAT EVENTS WERE GOING ON!! EACH PERSON TRANSFERRED US TO ANOTHER CLUELESS EMPLOYEE! THEY ALL SAID THEY DID NOT HAVE THE CALENDER FOR FEB- WE CALLED ON JAN 25TH!! REALLY?? HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Needless to say we are cancelling our reservation and will NEVER support this PATHETIC place of business! ZERO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The construction invades all areas of the hotel. Jackhammer noises during a massage kills the mood. Also, playing 55.00 a hand at PaiGow one of my friends, a diamond member get chastised for doing his hand wrong. Both the right way and the wrong way would have resulted in a loss. The dealer's attitude was marginal at best, so I made the comment that telling someone how they were playing was stupid and wrong with a scoff was "[--] rude." I should not have cursed, and I apologized to the dealer as well as the pitboss. After an hour of play I was escorted off the casino floor by 3 security guards. Calling a customer stupid, ok by pit boss Ken's standard... Making sure they knew their mistake, gets you punished. Go to any of the other casinos much closer than Harrahs. Between construction from 7a-11p (WHICH THEY DON'T WARN YOU ABOUT MAKING THE RESERVATION!) and egomaniacal pit bosses (that's be you Ken), a horrible spa, and limited games open, will not be here sgain. Redeeming values: dealers Sam, Victoria, and Johnny are patient and willing to teach also pit bosses Sergio and Ray make your stay enjoyable. I have tons of respect for everyone in the consumer relations business, but there was no excuse for the misunderstanding and escalation

• Stayed January 2013
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had not been to Harrah's for a while, and I was looking forward to a few days of play and relaxing in the jacuzzi after Dinner and some play. But I was not a happy camper when I arrived to find all of the construction, that should be stated online when I made my reservation. The pool area closing at 5PM really made my trip not a happy one. The pool area and the Jacuzzi is where I would relax after being stressed about the money the machines took from me or at lease give me a relaxing break from the slots, and my money would last a little longer. So it was a double jab to me with no jacuzzi to relax in at night.

Another thing that made my trip not so pleasent, none of my request were honored when I arrrived. I needed to have a microwave in my room because I had special food I had to eat that needed to be warm, and they told me that they had no more microwaves. But when they could not figure out how I was going to get my food warmed, they suddenly find a microwave, I asked fro extra Pillows and a Blanket, the pillows looked like someone had be sleeping on them and the Blanket was not folded, just kind of rolled messy. along with a few other things. Oh, my room was dirty and they had to send housekeeping in to clean, and she said herself that this was not good. Bottom line Harrahs nedd to inform their guest about the construction before you get there not after you arrive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brigantine, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

With their great loyalty program and large portfolio of properties, we followed warm weather Harrahs casinos for our winter get a way. We discovered this jewel nestled in the mountains of southern California and spent three nights in this very hospitable and cordial place. Our weather was outstanding....75F in January!

This is a beautiful resort hotel, up to the highest standards for Harrahs . First class rooms, modern machines, good air quality in the casino. Great food and always a poker game or two.

Crazy California gaming laws made for interesting new rules for us east coasters. They are building a new pool complex which looks like it will be fabulous and expanding with another tower. We would give them 5 circles, except for the construction. We hope to come back next year. Without the confusion of construction, they would have had our highest rating.

Palmdale, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I usually go to this hotel at least every two months I stopped going last year because I wanted to try my luck somewhere elses. I stayed there on January 18 and 19 I got there like around 9:00 pm check in was fast didn't know they were doing construction until the front desk lady told me if I was aware of the construction going on anyways everything was going good until they told me they didn't have two queens bed like I have booked she offer a rolling bed but to my surprise she said it was $10 fee for each night for the bed :/ I never had pay for a rolling bed at any hotel that I have stayed in before. Other than that everything was great I didn't even hear noise from the construction going on. But I'm real mad that now u have to pay for early check in if it's before 4:30 pm and for rolling beds!!! Most of the times they don't even have your room ready at 4:30 pm and people have to wait for hours for the rooms it has happened to me many times. I'm thinking on looking for a better hotel even so I had being part of their reward program fro years.dissatisfied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Resort Southern California? Share your experiences!