“First time visitor and I'm going back!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Vallejo
“First time visitor and I'm going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall, I wasnt expecting the world on a platter but with this being my first time there I figured I'd try to seek the best deal. After searching through booking sites I saw that nearby hotels are about the same or higher priced and would leave us with a longer commute to Six Flags so ultimately after reading some reviews and price matching I went with Best Western.

The front desk was slammed with guests so i was prepared for the worst. We were helped within 10 minutes which couldve been worse i guess. Not only did they give my fiancée and I military discount (he's army) but upgraded our room because we were told our room had a late checkout!

Services arent silver platter but pleasant, decent wifi and the room was actually clean (all of those traveling know what I mean). They offer shuttle service which comes in amazingly handy because although you can practically walk to six flags and nearby restaurants, why not travel in AC?

Oh before I forget you've got to got to.....got to give their waffle maker a whirl, it can get a bit crowded with some of the families but their breakfast bar did make mornings ALOT more bearable.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Burlington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was very nervous about my hotel choice after reading some of the other reviews. We arrived after 11:00 pm. We had just watched the Oakland A's at the O.co. The neighborhood around the colosseum is a bit sketchy. The hotel glass front doors were locked which added to my unease. However, when DeAndre opened the doors and checked us in, his kind temperament and welcoming calmed my anxiety. Our room was comfortably and clean. The breakfast room could have been larger and the presentation of the food a little better. The food was ok. A very long wait for the waffle maker. In the daylight, the hotel is in a good location. Why was I so scared? We decided not to wait for the bus to take us to Six Flags and walked. It was very easy! I left the car in the parking lot. When the park closed we walked back. It was so simple. I found this hotel to be a great place to stay if you are going to Six Flags. I will use it again in the future!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DeshaButler, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your visit to the Best Western Inn & Suites. We appreciate your kind comments about our service and your remarks have been passed on to those staff memebers. Your observation have aided us in areas of service needing improvement and we thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I hit California with some friends of mine to tour the wineries in Napa (Mr. Zin's Tours rocks!) and we wound up staying a couple of nights at the Best Western in Vallejo. The room prices were reasonable which is the primary reason we chose it. Well, that and the fact that it was just down the road from Six Flags and just a little ways from Napa. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed wasn't the greatest but it was acceptable. I'd read some reviews before booking that indicated the staff was hard to deal with but I didn't have any issues with them. We called down for extra pillows and they promptly sent some up so I was happy. The area the hotel was located in was surprisingly quiet though we did run into a few transients looking for spare change on the walk over to Six Flags. Should have used the hotel's free shuttle. The wi-fi worked great for us

The desk clerk clued me in to Cha Am just down the street and I do love me some Thai food (Chicken Prawn Pad Thai, yum!). I also appreciated that the staff didn't seem to mind directing us in to the local hot spots. The breakfast was fine, though the kids had made a complete mess of the waffle machine and every surface surrounding it. The only real downer for us during our stay was the kids. Yes we knew that a hotel that close to Six Flags would be overrun with kids, we just didn't expect so many of them to be free range with no handlers in sight. Granted that's not the hotel's fault, but be prepared if you book. I would still happily stay there again though!

Room Tip: Spring for an upgraded room. Your sleep will thank you. It will get you away from the families with...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. We value your business and we look forward to serving you again.
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I always stay here when I come to visit my grandchildren. With a military discount, the value can't be beat. The beds are comfy, the climate controls are individual and actually work, the breakfast is good (without a tip jar in sight!), the staff personable and professional. This is my hotel of choice anytime I am even in the Bay Area; I'll commute to SF rather than stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to serving you again.
Hollister
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Close to discovery kingdom. Clean room but bed not very comfortable. Pool very small. Everything seems to be well cared for and clean. Breakfast was okay but crowded. Irratated that this review has to be 200 characters minimum

Bountiful, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stay at Best Western in Vallejo was great! Nice accommodations! Within walking distance of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom though the free shuttle was a plus. Great place for a family to stay. Nice breakfast as well.

Valencia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hard beds combined with a staff of hard-headed people who refuse to work as a team. If you only want a place to stay near 6 flags this will do.... Before you book check out Courtyard ..... $ 40 more however you bed will be soft and everyone will smile.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest, I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I thank you for your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and we will all take immediate corrective action. Again, my apologies for the lack of professionalism and we hope you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!