“Other Reviews are Spot On” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Vallejo
Elk Grove
“Other Reviews are Spot On”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

If you need peace and quiet, clean room, a working phone, or a good breakfast, this place is O-U-T! It's literally across the street from Six Flags. When we pulled into the hotel, there were fireworks going off at Six Flags. Nice if you wanted that, not nice if you've a toddler who was startled awake and cried for the next 30 minutes. That's not the end of the noise: Six Flags staff are crammed 10 to a room here. Not a joke. My husband had to go out at least three times to ask them to keep their partying down, so we could sleep.

We tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work. Walked down to the front desk and they offered to check it out, but didn't come by. Not a major issue since 3 of us had cellphones... but it's the point: should have a working phone.

The room was filthy. Walking barefoot to the bathroom, I noticed I was leaving black footprints on the bathroom floor. It was just plain dirt. The carpet smelled like someone allowed a dog to relieve itself indoors, which was really gross.
Finally, we were given breakfast tickets. We hoped it was decent, but there were literally only waffles (wait for 10 folks in front of you to read the directions and make their own), yogurt and two pieces of fruit.

The management was rude to my husband when he tried to alert them to our poor stay. The man asked in thickly accented English, if we wanted an apology, then walked away.

I believe the only reason people stay there is that the Six Flags makes it a captive audience, and the price is $30-$60 less than the other two hotels nearby.

Believe me: do yourself a favor, splurge on the more expensive hotel, if you can. The best part of our stay, was leaving, to enjoy breakfast at the semi-decent diner across the street.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This motel is very misleading. It is nothing like the pictures. The carpet is coming up, dirty drawers under the sink, and very noisy. The walls are super thin. The pool is nothing like the pictures and dirty and run down. We would never stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Vallejo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

On a weekend when the hotel is booked there should be more than one employee working the continental breakfast area. No matter how hard the employee tried she could not keep the area stocked. Need a toaster oven!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Central Point, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here because of the location to the six flags across the freeway. I figured with the name Ramada, it would be good. Not so in this case. It's a run down hotel, that looks like it was last updated in the 70s. Hot tub and pool were working, so that was good. TV didn't work, but my wife fiddled with the cords and we got a fuzzy picture enough to watch a show. We'll definitely NEVER stay there again. Motel 6 would have been better.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We checked in, and the staff was extremely rude. The first lady we talked to had to go do something else in the middle of checking us out and asked the employee sitting next to her to take over, and she said, and I quote, "I'll do this right now, but I just want you to know I'm so busy." They proceeded to argue about who was busier and who should don the horrific responsibility of CHECKING US IN right in front of us like we weren't paying customers, standing right there! That should have been a clue just to get out right there, but it was late so we went ahead and stayed, the place was extremely crowded and noisy until well past 12:30 AM, we wanted to keep the window open because the room was musty and smelly but couldn't sleep because of the noise. The carpet on the bathroom floor was SOAKED for some unknown reason. The curtains were broken. Pretty much everything about this hotel makes it the worst hotel experience I have had in my entire life. Oh, and I prepaid for the room, and when I checked in, Ms. "Too busy" charged my credit card for the room again. The next day when I checked out and tried to correct this, they argued with me that I should ask for a refund from Expedia (including the MANAGER.) I had to make it perfectly clear that I would not be leaving without a refund, since the front desk charged me more than I had prepaid for the room, before anybody would even attempt to help me, instead of arguing with me. 5 days later, I still haven't gotten back my deposit. By far the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!