“Good place to stay if you are biking the Tour of Napa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Vallejo
Sunnyvale
“Good place to stay if you are biking the Tour of Napa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were here for the Tour of Napa bike ride 2 weeks back. The overnight stay was good , the management provided us with continental breakfast very early in the morning. The place is not too classy and value for money and it is pretty close to the starting point of Tour of Napa, just in case someone plans to do the biking tour.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
ukiah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is more like a motel. The rooms are filty dirty. I wouldn't walk on the carpet with bare feet in fear of contracting a virus or bacteria of some sort. The hotel is very, very run down. Anyone who rated this hotel 4 and 5 stars either lives in a tent or they are employees trying to boost ratings. Thankfully I am here for business and am getting reimbursed. If I had my child with me I would NEVER let her stay in this room. I purchased my own blankets at the nearby Target and thankfully brought my own pillows. I have stayed in a lot of hotels both nice and not so nice and am not picky at all. This place makes Super 8 and Budget Inn look like 5 star hotels. For the extra $20 a night I recommend Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012
South Pasadena, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The motel is loud and sticky and just needs a lot of maintenance, a good coat of paint, landscaping and generally, a huge overhaul. Although it has a large pool, jacuzzi, free wi-fi and breakfast (all things we wanted) the motel rooms felt small and the building and grounds were not being tended to. Dirty elevator, peeling paint, etc. For the price, the motel was not great. We didn't spend a lot of time there, but the evenings we did felt cramped and noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

the room was poorly kept had writing all over the door from some kids the bed absolutely killed our backs didn't sleep well at all and the bottom of the pool had green spots not kept up very well. they should have payed me to stay their

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel false advertises a certain price on the website and then surprise your guests either once they check-in or once they have already stayed there one night.

At check-in you charge the card for the entire stay amount then you turn around and try to charge an additional $100 for a so-called security deposit that your employees do not informs the guests upon checking in and that your website does not inform of when making the reservation.

Once I complained to the Manager the employee did not admit to her error and tried to blame my husband and I. She also tried to say that she tried calling us but could not tell us when she attempted to call

Their staff needs to get better educated on how to interact and treat customers.

I would not recommend this hotel for any future stay. That issue just ruined my entire stay.

Room Tip: "Read the reviews"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here with family during a family reunion in the Napa Valley. We selected this motel because the cost was low and it was close to Napa. The rooms were average motel rooms. We asked for the new section and were told that all non-smoking rooms were in the new section. Our room was definitely not new. But it was ok until we lay on the bed to read before dinner. My boyfriend lay down then I did and we rolled right into the middle. We were going to just deal with it but after dinner when getting ready for bed I just couldn't see how we were going to sleep like that. So I went to the office and asked if we could change our room. They said sure with no hesitation. When they went to put us on the second floor (which would have been ok with us) the manager was there and said to put us in another room on the first floor which turned out to be a suite! It was really nice. There was a king size bed, and a separate sitting area with a kitchonette and eating area. All of the staff we had contact with were friendly and nice from the first phone call to checking out.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We needed a dog friendly place within walking distance of the commerical area and we got it. There's a lot of food places within about a 5-10 minute drive or walk of the hotel and the supermarket was right next door. 6 flags was one exit off the freeway. There's a nearby doggy daycare too. The room itself was clean and just the right size. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. AC was cold. TV had a lot of cable channels. The pool was empty but there were people enjoying the jacuzzi. Breakfast was standard and filling. The staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Vallejo? Share your experiences!