“Not helpful staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Vallejo

You added Americas Best Value Inn Vallejo to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Vallejo
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Fairgrounds Drive, Vallejo, CA 94590 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Vallejo
Lund
“Not helpful staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I planned to get a room there on Sunday the 30 Nov 2014. The women at the reception was not very helpful/friendly and seemed to have enjoyed to make reservation difficult as I had my bicycle with me. Decided to go next door to Motel 6 where staff was much friendlier

Room Tip: Go to Motel 6 next door
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

So nice to have a hotel keep its standards high year round. I've stayed here sevral times and quality never wavers. Clean rooms great staff, noce location off freeway. They give me nice and quiet room way from freeway noise. The room are large with fridge &microwave, and coffeemaker. I will definitely stay here again with my family.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I went up to Six Flags and stayed at this place the night before. It was one of the cheapest places in the area, without being an absolute hostel. We were overall very pleased with our stay.
Some pros:
- clean room - very spacious
- room came with a fridge which we were so grateful for!
- free coffee with coffee maker
- ironing board & iron
- outlet lamps! Those were wonderful I hate playing "find the outlet" when I stay at hotels
- extensive cable selection...TV was very static ridden though
- management allowed us to check in early which we appreciated since we didn't know the town.
- close to a lot of restaurants and one mile away from the park
- AC unit worked great. We're hot sleepers so that was nice.

The only bummers are the hotel is RIGHT on the freeway edge...Needless to say we did not sleep well. Plus there was a bit of partying which kept us up in addition. Everything on the hotels part was great though. As long as you know you're not staying at a Hilton, I'd recommend the place!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I called to meake reservations. I was promised a pool and hot tub, there wasn't one. I was promised a pull out couch, there wasn't one. The room smelled like cigerettes. Ants crawling every where. Noise coming off freeway. Was not a great stay. Would not go back, or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Salinas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We will never stay here again. We were in town for a wedding and had made reservations (based on the reviews that recommended this place) a week in advance, two rooms under my husbands name and one room under my name. I received the confirmation emails and number for all 3. We show up the day of check in and "Henry" at the front desk says he doesn't have the room under my name only my husbands name and insists it was only two rooms that were reserved. After explaining numerous times that I am a separate customer in regards to the reservations, my husband has nothing to do with my reservation, and clearly showed him the confirmation email/number ...still no room. I let Henry know I was very upset, obviously it was their fault and I would be leaving their hotel a review. He obviously didn't care and stated there was nothing he could do, didn't offer ANYTHING. This was one of the busiest weekends in the area due to the races and all other hotels were booked, we were unable to find another room. Fortunately, my in-laws gave their room to us and they bunked with a relative (the two rooms under my husbands name). So we stayed at this place, my husband, myself, and 2 month newborn. The room was a king, non smoking; however, room reeked of marijuana. We tried to air it out as much as possible, our poor child breathing in those nasty odor's, to little avail. I do not recommend this place to anyone, I let everyone at the wedding know about this place. ..seeing as we all frequent the area and they will never be your guest either. .....now I need to check my credit card transactions, hopefully I won't be charged, that will be another headache to deal with.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this one, there are better places around
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Gilroy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I enjoyed my experience staying at this hotel. The staff was kind and the rooms were nice. My friend and i ended up sleeping in a little longer than expected because we were so comfortable. We were able to catch the free breakfast which was even better. I would recommend this place to my friends. .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just needed a convenient place to hang our hats for two nights near Crockett, CA on our way through to Portland. We didn't need anything special, just good clean accommodations not too far from I-5. Comfy bed, adequate continental breakfast, GREAT shower. Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall, well worth the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Vallejo? Share your experiences!