“Kinda disappointing.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 142 Restaurants in Vallejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Vallejo, California
“Kinda disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I usually like Chevy's restaurants, but my last trip was rather a let down. The food was okay, fajitas were hot, but I only got two tortillas. I asked for more and the waiter didn't bring them out until he brought the to-go boxes when we were leaving. We went for my birthday, even used my birthday "free meal" voucher from the Chevy's online club. The waiter totally forgot about getting me the free birthday dessert, we had to remind him several times about taking the meal price off the tab for the free meal voucher, and my husband had to ask several times for them to come by and do the birthday song and bring out the hat. My kid loves hats, and we did the Chevy's birthday thing just so I could get a hat to let her have. Then, the waiter never brought my kid's icecream she was supposed to get with her kid's meal, either. After we had our leftovers boxed up, we sat at the table for 15 minutes waiting for the waiter to bring our bill. Then it was wrong and it took another 15 minutes to get it back corrected. We then waited another 15-20 minutes to get hubby's credit card back. Not very much fun to sit around, after you're done eating, with a 3 year old who is done eating, and getting bored sitting at a table.

Not what I expect from Chevy's, and I have eaten at Chevy's locations in numerous other towns. Don't know if this one is just Vallejo-fied, or it was a bad night, but I was pretty disappointed in the experience, which kinda sucks when it was my birthday celebration.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“First time at a Chevys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We seemed to have better experience than some reviews here - service was good, seated quickly (though they seem to struggle to seat groups bigger than 4) and food was very good compared to plenty of Mexican we had during vacation in southern California.
All seemed nice and fresh, and was convenient stop after day at Discovery Kingdom, though area it was in was kind of strange.

Visited August 2012
South Pasadena, California, United States
“Usually really good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This visit to Chevy's was OK. Service, drinks and chips were good but the food was OK and the place needed a good scrub down.

Visited August 2012
alicat
“Good Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only negative we had was that the food was very spicy! Spicier than we expected!

Visited June 2012
Rainier, Oregon
“What I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The food was fine. The servers were new and the ladies restroom was very dirty.

Visited May 2012