I mostly enjoyed my one-night stay at the Hyatt Regency in Valencia, California. Although it is a full-service regional conference hotel with about 250 guestrooms, it’s been intelligently designed to feel smaller and more sedate than hotels with a similar array of facilities.
The room I received was spacious, spotlessly clean, well-appointed, quiet, and extremely comfortable in every possible way. The only mild disappointment was that I did pay a little extra to get one with a “view” which was mostly of an adjacent golf course and intervening tree branches. The scene from the room was certainly pleasant and its location away from the road and parking made it relatively quiet. Yet, I’m not sure this option was quite worth the premium.
The lobby is surprisingly small for a hotel of this size, but it’s very attractive. I stayed on a low-occupancy day, so I wonder if it becomes noisy and overcrowded when the place has a large conference booked.
The staff members at the front desk were polite but one of them did accidentally check a family into the same room as mine; to make matters worse, the family entered the room while I was using the bathroom. It was a bit embarrassing for everyone involved, to say the least. This is the type of mistake that should NEVER happen, especially with today's computer-based room management systems.
A free, un-gated parking garage dedicated to hotel guests and residents of a condo complex is across from the lobby entrance; expect a bit of a hike from your car, to the front desk, and then to your room. The property features an outdoor pool with a courtyard and a small, tidy garden.
The hotel complex is integrated into a large, planned commercial and residential district. Part of the district is aimed for upper-middle class, private country club types. This section is closest to the hotel and is pedestrian-friendly, but it may have only limited appeal to some guests. Alternatively, a large regional mall, cineplex, strip malls with big box stores, and fast-food chains are within walking distance, as well.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Valencia Hotel Valencia
- Hyatt Regency Valencia Hotel
- Hyatt Valencia
- Valencia Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 6 story property's design mirrors Southern California's Spanish-style architectures. Offering 244 luxuriously appointed guest rooms,Wireless Internet Access in all guest rooms and public space including the pool area and 15,600 sq. ft. of meeting space including prefunction areas and garden court. Designer of the property, Hirsch Bedner of Santa Monica has incorporated an international flair throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Valencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.