“Motel Feeling” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Vacaville
Tumwater, Washington
“Motel Feeling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed at many Courtyards around the US and I would have to say this location is by far the worst one I've been to. Staff were very polite but the rooms were far from what I expected. The rooms were updated which was obvious but the some of the updates were poor . There was ripped wall paper, stains on the wall, some parts of the carpet seemed like someone dropped an iron on it and it was noticeable, dusty parts of the room. I'm surprised this is the quality of room management and the housekeeping inspector give their guest. I myself work in the hospitality business and I expected much better for this location. I will never go there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Ms. Renteria,
Thank you for commenting on our polite staff. They are all very focused on our guests and always strive to go above and beyond to help in any way. As you mentioned, we are in the process of total guestroom and hallway renovations. I apologize that some of the in-process changes caused issues for you during your stay. The cleanliness concerns are not acceptable and not at all typical of our room standards. I have discussed your concerns with our housekeepers and pointed out the opportunities we have to better our guest's experience. I hope that you will return in the future to see all of the beautiful changes we have made.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is right across the streets fromt the outlets. However, I stayed overnight for business. I liked the modern and fresh decor. They had a lively bar and a place to order some light meals. The double room was quite large. Front desk staff was very pleasant. They had a promo going on to spin the wheel for prizes. I won 500 points on my perks account. I live in the SF Bay area but was on the way to a meeting in Sacramento with a very early call time. I decided to make it half way and I was there in 45 mins making it very convenient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
It was great to read your wonderful review! It's true that our Vacaville Courtyard is very conveniently located between the Bay area and the meeting you attended in Sacramento. As you said it is a great hotel for both business and leisure travel as we are within walking distance to many great restaurants and Premium Factory Outlet shopping. It would be great if you can make your next visit be for pleasure and bring family and friends for our Black Friday Shopping package which includes an Outlet gift card, Starbucks and a late check out. That could be a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season. We hope to see you again soon!
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nicely remodeled hotel public spaces and bistro; a very clean property. Convenient location right off the freeway near the outlet malls etc. Standard room traditional decor but size was not very spacious, nice paul mitchel toiletries. Bed mattress was completely worn out and was flat as a pancake but when I discovered this at midnight it was too late to request another room and still get some sleep for my early business meeting. The desk was on the small side and the complementary wi fi was very slow, they offer faster speeds at an outrageous price. Overall not a good value. The topper was when I reported the problem at check out the clerk minimized my complaint and then when I explained just how bad it was and how it affected me she offered nothing but a weak excuse that some rooms were due for remodeling. If I had more time that day I would have brought it to the manager and district head for redress. This was not a budget room but I have had better beds at any motel 6.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of your stay. My staff and I are very proud of our beautifully renovated lobby with our Bistro that serves breakfast, Starbucks specialty beverages, alcoholic beverages and dinner daily. I apologize for the confusion about internet being high priced. Our wireless internet is actually free to all guests regardless of the amount of use or speed required. Our current mattresses are soft and we have had several guests in recent months ask where they could purchase mattresses like ours because they felt they were extremely comfortable. However, I realize mattress firmness is a personal preference. I would like to let you know that all of our guestroom mattresses are scheduled to be replaced within the next few months as part of our current guestroom renovation.
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed here every November since it opened. We are three ladies that meet here for an annual Christmas shopping trip to the outlets. We stayed in other hotels before it opened, but we feel comfortable and safe here. The room is always clean and the staff is friendly and informative.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
What a wonderful yearly tradition to have with your friends! We have many families, sisters and friends who use our hotel as the central meeting place to reconnect or as you said, take advantage of the amazing Premium Factory Outlet shopping at the 120 store mall which is located just across the street from our hotel. Thank you for all of your nice comments about my wonderful staff. I agree, it truly is a very safe, comfortable, friendly and welcoming hotel. We look for ward to the pleasure of your next annual meeting!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is beginning to show its age but my room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is an easy access off I-80. The towels are thin and the bed is at an angle perpendicular to the TV rather than in front of it which I found odd. The air conditioner worked just fine but was really noisy. I mean wake you up just as you're falling asleep noisy. The lobby "restaurant" is one of those pseudo cafes, overpriced unless you have the free breakfast. There is an Olive Garden right next door if you need lunch or dinner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at our Vacaville Courtyard. I appreciate that you mentioned the hotel's wonderful, convenient location just off of I-80 between San Francisco and Sacramento and just 20 minutes from the beautiful Napa Valley.You pointed out that we are next door to the Olive Garden and we are also within walking distance to many other restaurants including Applebee's, Chevy's, Chili's, In and Out Burger, Mel's Diner and BJ's Brewhouse. Many of our guests choose to eat at these nearby restaurants and then return to our Bistro in the hotel for after dinner drinks while working on their laptop, joining friends or watching their favorite sports teams on our large screen TV in the lounge.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year for work. While the lobby and dining area has been nicely renovated, the rooms need work. During this last stay I had a room with peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, a loudly rattling air conditioning unit, and a toilet with running water (which I ended up fixing myself). Also, the desk chairs are totally uncomfortable - not good when you have to sit there and get work done. Please renovate the rooms to match you lobby.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I greatly appreciate your having taken the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to be able to answer you by saying that we are in the process of a total guestroom and hallway renovation. To date, the guestroom bathrooms have been updated. The next time you visit our hotel on business, you will certainly be able to notice the changes.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed one night and are scheduled to stay another next month. Everything was great. Simple breakfast, but enough. Great coffee! Clean rooms. Paul Mitchell hair care. Very nice staff. The lobby/sitting area is very inviting with comfy couches, snacks and TVs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
How great that you will be returning to our wonderful Vacaville Courtyard! You will likely notice some nice renovation improvements to our guestrooms and hallways. My staff and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Courtyard Vacaville? Share your experiences!