“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ukiah, California
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I and many of my friends have stayed at the Lodge several times in the last few years. The first people you will meet are the owners Maryann & Peter. They are gracious & very friendly making you feel at home immediately & will go over & above to make your stay a wonderful experience . The rooms are immaculate & decorated beautifully with hardwood floors & high end furnishings with special amenities. Jacuzzi room is wonderful if you just want to relax & rejuvenate or spend a romantic weekend with that special someone. I have also stayed in the kitchenettes, great for a few friends or a family. Open the door & your looking at PARADISE! Nestled between mountains is the crystalline Blue Lakes. The grounds are beautifully kept with luscious green lawns & comfortable lounges for sun or star gazing. When staying over night they have great BBQ areas or Maryann & Peter can tell you about the great restaurants close by. I could go on & on the wonderful times I have spent at the Lodge. It is a magical place. I want to thank Maryann & Peter for all they do to make every stay special & memorable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Friendly staff, wonderful room with elegant amenities including a jacuzzi, relaxing environment, great vacation value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

As a "regular" at the Lodge I know I can always look forward to a warm welcome from owners Peter and Maryann Schmid and their friendly staff.They really go out of their way to look after your needs without being intrusive, mindful of the world-famous hospitality of innkeepers in Peter's native Switzerland. With its almost alpine setting on sparkling Blue Lakes, I can easily imagine myself in the Swiss countryside, say Interlaken or Neuchatel, and I finish my stay in the same relaxed state of mind. The Swiss flag even flutters over the swimming pool.
Blessed tranquility! Who could ask for more?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Florence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

It will be difficult to describe in words all of the kindnesses extended to us by the owners and manager of this Lodge.
First of all, the suites with the jacuzzi tubs are to die for. My husband and I both used it and it was very enjoyable. The bed was a dream to fall into (literally) and asleep on. And the attention to the smallest of details and amenities does not go unnoticed.
We have stayed here more than once and really won't stay anywhere else if we are within an hour of this resort.
Our latest stay was just another example of the owners going above and beyond for some special circumstances we found ourselves in again. Every time we phoned the office to make another request it was met with the same usual cheer and enthusiasm as all the others. The owners really go out of there way to make your stay feel more akin to being in your own home with the freedom to RELAX and appreciate the atmosphere and beauty of your surroundings. They are VERY pet friendly and if you get a chance you must meet their special friend Henri.
We are delighted to recommend The Lodge to anyone and everyone who finds themselves needing an incredible resort to spend a night or a week or more in Northern California. Cheers to all of you at The Lodge and as always, thank you again for EVERYTHING!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at the Lodge about a week this year.

Please check this hotel, quite outdoor and room setting, great retreat with super clean lake, fresh breeze from water, and the prompt customer service was the the value as well. The clean room including all extra supplies was great and easy.

Hot now? Make time to stay and relax at lodge with cool breeze. It is more than worth of it.

The location was great covering Ukiah and Clear LAke area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

My name is Joelle and I was at the lodge several times during the last 5 years. The place is amazing as well in winter that in the heat of the summer.
My children's had a very good time and demanded that we came back the next holiday.
I am from Belgium and this is the best place around Blue Lakes to rest and have fun.
The owners are even really nice to pets!
Thank you Maryann and Peter for the perfect vacation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

My husband & I, along with our 8 & 10 year old boys, decided to go on a week-end getaway from the city! A friend recommended this place! As I always do, I went to Tripadvisor.com and read one discouraging review. I was then hesitant to go, but my friend insisted that it was worth it! So we went just the same. I'm glad that we did! It was all that she said it was: our room was immaculate! Peter (I think he is the owner) was so friendly and helpful! My boys, Jason & Jack, had a grand time riding on his boat! Jack even got to be the "Captain!" We would go again for sure! Thank you Peter!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!