“A little-known paradise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Lake County
“A little-known paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Our son's wedding was recently held at the Lodge at Blue Lakes. The facility and location made us feel like we were in a world of our own. The owners and staff members were friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make the occasion a wonderful experience for all of us from the planning stages through the actual wedding weekend. The rooms are newly remodeled and clean, and the ones with kitchenettes were perfect for those of us with children and families. The event center is perfect for a wedding - fresh and elegant with breathtaking views of the lake and mountains. I highly recommend the Lodge at Blue Lakes for anyone looking for a piece of paradise.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Jose, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We loved this place! My husband and three kids spent two nights and enjoyed every moment of it! Our room was right on the water which was a lovely view. Another couple joined us and also were very impressed by the staff and property.
Our son caught his first trout and Sylvia the manager showed him how to clean it and Shannon the chef prepared a marinade for it and returned it back that evening so we could grill it for dinner. Captain Pete took us all out on an evening boat ride with wine and chocolate. He even brought along apple cider for the kids. They had kayaks which we loved, the lake was beautiful and clean. Our room was very nice and comfortable. I would have to say the owners and staff really added so much to our trip they were so friendly and made us feel so at home! We are already planning a special get away with out the kids and Sylvia and Shannon were right there suggesting things to make it special. We have stayed in several four star hotels and never walked away enjoying our stay as much as at this little delightful place on the lake. If you find yourself looking for a little getaway I can't imagine ever being disappointed! We even made friends with other guests and exchanged emails.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

The Lodge at Blue Lakes was a great find.
The rooms were clean, the bathroom large, the furnishings comfortable.
The view of the lake from our room was incredible and just steps from our front door.
The others staying at the Lodge were friendly and the owners and workers were great.
I can't wait till we can return and also to recommend it to others.
Abe and Ellen Scher
Carmel, California

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
fort bragg ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Sylvia the Manager was kind and efficient. She was very hospitable. She gave us a huge trout for dinner instead of Tri-tip on our second night as a part of our sweetheart pkg.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Calif
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

All five of my traveling companions agreed: What a great experience, starting with Silvia(the receptionist) to the quality of the rooms and the unbelieveable view of the the mountains and the lake. Silvia went out of her way to take care of our every need, even supplying us with beautiful steaks to throw on the barbie, alongs with potatoes and a salad. This is a MUST STOP for a enjoyable respite from the big city. Will stay again.

Stayed January 2009
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

My sisters and I took the time to have a "family reunion" at the Blue Lakes Lodge....what a wonderful experience it was! We couldn't have asked for a more spectacular view of beautiful Blue Lakes....right out our back door! The room was so cozy with the fire stove, the jacuzzi, and many more amenities. The continental breakfast was scrumptuous too. Silvia did her best to make us feel welcome and make our experience here at Blue Lakes Lodge an experience that we sisters will never forget.
Thanks so much, Silvia!

All the Sisters

• Liked — How clean and comfortable the accommodations were
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I currently live in Florida and frequently travel to the San Francisco Bay Area. I have relatives who live in Sonoma and while visiting them in October I asked where would be a good place to get away for a few days? They mentioned The Lodge at Blue Lake. I booked my reservations from Expedia and enjoyed the ride from Sonoma to the Lodge, despite being in a rental car!
I travel a lot and have had many experiences checking in and out of hotels. I know the routine for checking in and in many cases it can be less than stellar. I was greeted by a gal at the front desk, I believe her name was Sylvia, and the room, grounds and some local activities were pleasantly explained to me. I wasn't aware there was a casino close by.
The rooms were exceptional, the service pristine and food considerably above average. However, the reason my brother had suggested this Lodge is why I enjoyed it the most and it is the setting. Sitting out on the back deck and getting completely lost in the view of the lake, the stillness and serenity was ideal for recharging.
I would highly recommend the Lodge to both singles and couples alike. It is certainly worth the price.
Jerry

• Liked — Setting
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!