“Even if your single” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Even if your single”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I currently live in Florida and frequently travel to the San Francisco Bay Area. I have relatives who live in Sonoma and while visiting them in October I asked where would be a good place to get away for a few days? They mentioned The Lodge at Blue Lake. I booked my reservations from Expedia and enjoyed the ride from Sonoma to the Lodge, despite being in a rental car!
I travel a lot and have had many experiences checking in and out of hotels. I know the routine for checking in and in many cases it can be less than stellar. I was greeted by a gal at the front desk, I believe her name was Sylvia, and the room, grounds and some local activities were pleasantly explained to me. I wasn't aware there was a casino close by.
The rooms were exceptional, the service pristine and food considerably above average. However, the reason my brother had suggested this Lodge is why I enjoyed it the most and it is the setting. Sitting out on the back deck and getting completely lost in the view of the lake, the stillness and serenity was ideal for recharging.
I would highly recommend the Lodge to both singles and couples alike. It is certainly worth the price.
Jerry

• Liked — Setting
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Upper Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I stayed at The Lodge At Blue Lakes New Years Eve in a Deluxe Jacuzzi Room. The room was wonderful and romantic. Our room had a beautiful four poster bed, a fireplace, and a large jacuzzi tub. The back door opened out to the lake. Champagne was chilling when we got there.
They offer Kayaks free to their guests. The fishing was good, (I caught three nice size trout). You are treated like family. The Lodge is pet friendly and I always bring my dog with me too.
This is just a wonderful place so close to home, I find myself coming back again and again.
I would recommend The Lodge to everyone.

• Liked — It is a wonderful place to getaway and still close to home.
  • Disliked — The weather was too cold to go swimming in the lake.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

Our stay at The Lodge at Blue Lakes was fabulous. We were treated with top quality service. The staff at the Lodge went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Assistant Sylvia Desantis was exceptionally helpful in directing us to a great restaurant and recommending various activities in the area. Owners Maryann & Peter were the consummate hosts and saw to it that we were given exceptional hospitality. The room, coupled with the serenity and beauty of the lake, made our trip one of the most enjoyable we have ever experienced. We can't wait to return next year!

• Liked — The lake and surroundings
  • Disliked — Distance (about7 mi.) from nearest restaurant
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Last Feb 2008, I lost my 3rd son to massive heart attack at the age of 38. Initially, I wasn't at all angry nor bitter about my loss, but as days passed by, I often found myself grieving & in tears!

Consequently, upon the invitation of my siblings, I decided to visit them and some friends in the various States in the USA! After touring 9 States in a little over 2 months, I needed a rest from the hustle and bustle of seeing new places & meeting new people!

Hence, my youngest sister drove me to The Lodge at Blue Lakes 3 days before my departure back to Manila! Upon arrival, I felt comfortable in the cozy room w/ a kitchenette! All the peope who worked there as well as their guests were overly warm & friendly!

After relishing the beautiful view of the lake with the mountains lined on both sides, I felt refreshed & invigorated! I was glad that I had time to commune w/ nature in this Paradise by the Lake!

• Liked — I slept so soundly after basking in the serenity of the lake and the mountains!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything negative about The Lodge at Blue Lakes!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Went for an overnight stay just to get away and relax.
The staff was extremely friendly and made you feel at home.
Rooms had just been renovated and they were extremely nice and comfortable.
The area was so nice and serene. They even had a continental breakfast included in your stay.
This was definitely an A+A+A+ experience and I plan to go back and stay in the future.
I would highly recommend staying at the Lodge at Blue Lakes. You can boat, fish, etc.

Great fun and relaxation!!!!!

Stayed September 2008
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

My Mom and I had a very nice stay at The Lodge At Blue Lakes. Tess at the front desk was very sweet and very accomodating. Beautiful scenery and the room was clean and nicely decorated, also including a small refrigerator and coffee maker. I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast brought to your room, and that the kayaking was included. I would definitely return. Sincerely, Jill Albright and Yvonne Finn

• Liked — Free kayaking
  • Disliked — The ice machine wasn't working well.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

If you're looking for a quiet spot to relax and write or do any kind of creative work, or just kick back on a grassy, sunny shore by a blue, blue lake you should know about this Russian River hideaway just east of Ukiah.

A beautifully restored fishing lodge, with upscale rooms featuring Jacuzzis and marble floors, free Continental breakfasts and kyacks (morning is the best time) backed up with personal attention from owners Peter and Maryanne and their courteous staff leaves very little to be desired from check-in to check-out.

And fishing? Outdoor facilities for cleaning and cooking your catch are provided.

Have I left the impression that the Lodge is just for grownups?

The gentle access to the lake makes it suitable for children, and you won't have to worry about them being swamped by motor boat wakes, as there is a 5mph speed limit.

Plenty of space to park your big rig with easy access to Highway 20 completes the package.

It's easy and fun and the drive up through the wine country offers plenty of great vistas.

Hal Bryan

Stayed August 2008

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!