“The Place Where One Communes With Nature” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5135 West Hwy 20, Upper Lake, CA 95485   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Upper Lake
GreenLeadersGold level
Manila
“The Place Where One Communes With Nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Last Feb 2008, I lost my 3rd son to massive heart attack at the age of 38. Initially, I wasn't at all angry nor bitter about my loss, but as days passed by, I often found myself grieving & in tears!

Consequently, upon the invitation of my siblings, I decided to visit them and some friends in the various States in the USA! After touring 9 States in a little over 2 months, I needed a rest from the hustle and bustle of seeing new places & meeting new people!

Hence, my youngest sister drove me to The Lodge at Blue Lakes 3 days before my departure back to Manila! Upon arrival, I felt comfortable in the cozy room w/ a kitchenette! All the peope who worked there as well as their guests were overly warm & friendly!

After relishing the beautiful view of the lake with the mountains lined on both sides, I felt refreshed & invigorated! I was glad that I had time to commune w/ nature in this Paradise by the Lake!

• Liked — I slept so soundly after basking in the serenity of the lake and the mountains!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything negative about The Lodge at Blue Lakes!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Windsor, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Went for an overnight stay just to get away and relax.
The staff was extremely friendly and made you feel at home.
Rooms had just been renovated and they were extremely nice and comfortable.
The area was so nice and serene. They even had a continental breakfast included in your stay.
This was definitely an A+A+A+ experience and I plan to go back and stay in the future.
I would highly recommend staying at the Lodge at Blue Lakes. You can boat, fish, etc.

Great fun and relaxation!!!!!

Stayed September 2008
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

My Mom and I had a very nice stay at The Lodge At Blue Lakes. Tess at the front desk was very sweet and very accomodating. Beautiful scenery and the room was clean and nicely decorated, also including a small refrigerator and coffee maker. I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast brought to your room, and that the kayaking was included. I would definitely return. Sincerely, Jill Albright and Yvonne Finn

• Liked — Free kayaking
  • Disliked — The ice machine wasn't working well.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Auburn, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

If you're looking for a quiet spot to relax and write or do any kind of creative work, or just kick back on a grassy, sunny shore by a blue, blue lake you should know about this Russian River hideaway just east of Ukiah.

A beautifully restored fishing lodge, with upscale rooms featuring Jacuzzis and marble floors, free Continental breakfasts and kyacks (morning is the best time) backed up with personal attention from owners Peter and Maryanne and their courteous staff leaves very little to be desired from check-in to check-out.

And fishing? Outdoor facilities for cleaning and cooking your catch are provided.

Have I left the impression that the Lodge is just for grownups?

The gentle access to the lake makes it suitable for children, and you won't have to worry about them being swamped by motor boat wakes, as there is a 5mph speed limit.

Plenty of space to park your big rig with easy access to Highway 20 completes the package.

It's easy and fun and the drive up through the wine country offers plenty of great vistas.

Hal Bryan

Stayed August 2008
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

While on vacation to California we stayed for the long August weekend and we just loved everything about the lodge at blue lakes. The rooms were to excellent standard, very clean and catered for everything we needed for a pleasant stay. The views were just amazing, so relaxing and yet so invigorating. The service was great, whatever we asked for we got. We were so delighted with the boat ride, wow that was just so unexpected and made our weekend even more special. We thought that we got great value for our money and we have recommended it to our friends to stay when they go on their trip to the California in Oct.

• Liked — The room standard
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

My partner and I wanted to have a staycation experience that was going to be around two hours from San Francisco. Upon searching on the internet, we came across The Lodge At Blue Lakes.

When we arrived at the resort, seeing the place was better than just looking at the photos in their website. It was so pristine, serene and beautiful.

The rooms were renovated magnificently. I was impressed at the accommodations. They even had a Sunday breakfast for the guests in the gazebo by the deck over looking the Blue Lake. It was as if we had travelled far when in essence we were a little over two hours from San Francisco.

I would highly recommend this place for people who want to just getaway and not have to deal with airline fares and travel expenses that go with that. It was worth the drive and the accommodations was romantic.

The owners and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. It's definitely a nice place to lay back and have a bottle of wine with cheese and crackers as you and your partner enjoy the relaxing view of the lakes with the family of duck prancing around the water.

• Liked — It was very romantic to lay on the lounge chair sipping wine and watching the sun set!
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We spent Labor Day at this delightful, clean, friendly little lodge. The accomodations were nice: all floors, fixtures, etc recently remodeled. (but next time I'll bring my own pillow) The view from the Lodge is gorgeous. The water is clear and a comfortable tempature for swimming. I highly recommend this place for families with children who want to fish. My kids must have pulled out 30+ each over the course of the weekend.
I also suggest you bring your own food (each room is equipped with a nice size fridge) and the barbecue they provide is big and nice. The only resturaunt nearby is the Blue Wing Cafe and we had a horrible experience there (literally, the fish and meat had NO flavor).
It can get windy at this location on the Lake. (however, if you are there on a windy weekend and are intent on lake swimming -- you can go to one of two day-use resorts on the lake -- they're much "busier" than than The Lodge")
The owner took us out for a nice boat tour of the lake; just ask at the front desk.
Also, for some reason they don't advertise it -- but the lodge has a clean decent size pool.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!