“no refund policy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Acres Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Lake
Pine Acres Resort
You added Pine Acres Resort to your Saves list
5328 Blue Lakes Road, Upper Lake, CA 95485   |
Kelseyville, California
“no refund policy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The place is extremely small and the swimming area is inadequate. This was our first time visiting here.. We are local in this community. We were not told in the office to look over the premises first before we paid. We paid the $30 day use fee and took a 5 minute look and decided this place was not for us. The receptionist said there is a no refund policy and the owners would get angry with her. We asked her why she didn't suggest we look around first before paying since this was our first time at Pine Acres. The owners were not available for us to talk to them. We felt this was unfair and had some disappointed grandkids.We will not go back there again and the fact that they have such a policy after 5 min. on their premises suggests to me that this happens frequently.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We started our trip a litter Leary due to reviews. But it turned out wonderful the staff was wonderful. Since it was not crowded the staff let our Labrador on the beach area it was great cause our site was right next to it. The port a Potts & regular bathrooms/showers very clean. We found a new place to go and relax.

• Stayed May 2012
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is our 9th year of vacationing at Pine Acres on Blue Lakes. We bring our kids and dogs, friends and neighbors. We stay in RV's, cabins and tents, there are accomodations for every camping style. Must make reservations well in advance for the best spots. We know of nowhere else where you can camp so close to a beautiful, clean lake. The resort is on the south end of the lake, so there's always a refreshing breeze and the result is NO BUGS! On calm evenings there are a few mosquitos, so bring long sleeves, spray and build a campfire.

The lake is a no-wake lake: 5 miles per hour maximum and no personal watercraft. Keeps is quiet and very enjoyable. We kayak, float, swim, fish and rope swing. We're able to play with our dogs in the water and float anywhere on the lake. It can't be beat!

The manager is keeping the resort on an even keel and it shows. We'll be back again next year, if not before. Our kids have grown up coming here and it's great to see it's around for us to enjoy year after year.

If there is a bad thing: the WiFi is very weak and very slow, so you'll have to unplug and enjoy your surroundings! Oh darn!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I come to Pine Acres at Blue Lakes every Labor Day and my family enjoys it. The fishing is good and the people that come during the holiday weekend are friendly and fun. You see the same people every year so its like a family reunion every year. The Staff is great and very helpful. Its a Short drive from Sonoma County and its a world away once your there. I have young kids and they are treated very well by all the visitors and because there is only one way in and out they get some freedom to fish, swim and play. I highly recommend it and just be sure you like being around people from all walks of life and like to have fun.

Room Tip: Book Holiday weekends way in advance.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I think that I've tried every type of accomodation over the years and I find this one very adequet. I go there to fish, BBQ, enjoy the company of everyone I meet and cook what I catch or bring with me. It's not fancy, and yes, it gets crowded, so what. It is not staying at home and watching TV eating pork rinds. The fishing for trout or Bass can be good. The water is cool and refreshing at the small beach. Kids love playing in the water and trying to corral ducks. We sleep fine. The cottages and motel are old, but again, it's not home. If you're a Hyatt Regency snob and have your nose way up in the air and need to have a mint left on your pillow, Stay Away ! In other words, " Don't Go ! You'll Ruin It ! "

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We went RV camping in this spot that is used by cabin dwellers, tent campers and motor campers of all kinds. The sites were SO close together that we often had no room for the picnic table or even our folding chairs. It was possible to hear everything your neighbors were saying and see all that they were doing. Also during the w/end (we stayed Friday through Tuesday) they have day use patrons, which added to the crowding & noise level significantly. But when they all left, evenings at the end of the weekend, it was a beautiful and serene place, right off the Blue Lake. There was a breeze every evening that cooled it down and made sleeping much easier. Facility had boats for rent and several places to put your own boat in the water. While we did not stay in the cabins, I did look into them while they were cleaning. Seems like they have seen better days but were fairly clean for the most part.

Room Tip: I would confine your stay to the weekdays rather than the weekends during the summer.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Petaluma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My boyfriend camped here as a child and when we started planning a 4th of July camping trip with our combined kids this seemed like the best choice. I booked the sites far in advance, but even planning ahead I got the last two sites. I took that as a good sign, usually good places sell out. I was concerned when I read the other reviews here posted about nightmare experiences, so by the time we arrived I was still excited but a little bit nervous. I'm the type of person that books a suite at the Four Seasons and I like to spoil myself -- BUT for this camping trip I told myself I am CAMPING.... and it's supposed to be rough. I didn't experience any loud sprinklers, or raging pit bulls as described by other reviews. I did experience a lot of drinking, but it was 4th of July weekend in Lake county, so I pretty much expected that. The staff was very friendly, but not what I would say in control… they did drink too much, and I felt were unable to monitor the patrons. They have a day use area and I found that people came to party and BBQ, but by nightfall things could get a little out of hand. The Sheriff came on Sunday night, but it seemed to end without incident and our neighbor who had been living in his camper there for a year assured us it was the one and only time he had seen that happen.
If you are looking for a very quiet experience, this is probably not for you… because even without tourists – there are many ducks living on the property and as soon as dawn breaks they start strolling around quacking loudly. To stay more than the three nights we stayed would have been very rough on me.
On the positive side- the beach is nice, the swimming area for the kids is nice, a rope swing was just across the lake—close enough to swim there, the convenience store opened early closed late and was well stocked. The fishing dock was really nice and everyone there was friendly and helpful. The bathroom was clean… this wasn’t a problem when we went and it was pretty busy.
There are about five or six campsite along the fence line that have NO shade whatsoever (we happen to take two of them). If you are camping in a tent (not a camper) I would suggest you avoid the fence line. If you are stuck at the fence line, the day use area was nice and shaded, as was the beach and a pleasant breeze was blowing pretty much the whole time.

Overall it was a good experience and our kids loved it – but you have to calibrate your expectations – this has a lot of camp sites and it’s not a very large property so it can seem "crowded". There will be people drinking and partying. We didn’t find it to be obnoxious, but we are pretty tolerant people.

Room Tip: Avoid the fence line
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pine Acres Resort? Share your experiences!