“Well Maintained Older Property - Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Apache Junction, AZ
“Well Maintained Older Property - Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a business traveler and this older Crowne Plaza suited my needs perfectly. Very well maintained with a pleasant and professional staff, nice landscaping, excellent bar with free snacks and an attentive bartender (pricey drinks though). The fitness room appeared to be well equipped, but I did not use it, or the pool/hot tub.

The free breakfast buffet that came with my room rate was very good and the same room is the restaurant in the evening. Just on the other side of the freeway is everything you could possibly need in the way of restaurants, entertainment & shopping including a Lucky's grocery store. My room came with a small fridge and they provided a microwave on request. I would stay here again & again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We always look forward to having guest who enjoys their stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and recognized the many complimentary incentives and ammenities we offer to our beloved guests. You will continue to see additional property improvements as we will very soon start our major renovation with brand new designed new furnitures and beddings starting the beginning next year as well. Thank you very much again for your very nice comments regarding our hotel facility. We look forward to welcoming you again soon in the near future. Thank you for your business!
Cristina Lin - Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a bad experience with this hotel. I don't understand why this hone got rated 3 stars. It is scam.

I called and booked. The representative told me the hotel have refrigerator, and microwave. If not, he will find one and have it for me. After check in, I called this gentlemen again, he said he will have refrigerator for me. But never and never hadn’t I heard anything from him or Hotel again.

Also the breakfast ad is the free, but free only 1 person. I never have this experience before. Other hotel I always have 2 tickets for the double bed.

The breakfast is terrible.

Hotel is old and smells really bad.

I paid $139.00 + tax for a double bed: That is I think is premium. But this hotel should be rated no star, and the price should be around $40.00.

Take my coment seriously: Don’t' come this hotel. You will get caught big time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Having just completed a very serious staff meeting for all our hotel department to be improved and moving on to a major renovation, I was disappointed to hear about your experience. Please accept my apologies for a less than satisfactory stay. While we did make some improvements to our hotel we will be completing a total renovation of these guestrooms in early 2013. As I do not feel your stay was indicative of the service we generally provide, I hope that you might consider giving us a 2nd chance. You are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation. Again our apologies and we thank you for your business.
Best Regards,
dalian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to use this Crowne Plaza because our friends live around the corner. The entrance looks nice, the front desk staff is helpful and the fitness room is well equipped. However, our problems started next morning when we entered the breakfast room at 09:30 am. Waitress told us that we could not use our breakfast coupons any more, because they were only valid until 09.00 am. It did not make sense at all of course, and after discussing the issue with the manager they served us some cold leftovers. We did not complain again but decided to write this review instead.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Oakland South - Union City. I am pleased to hear that you received friendly, fast and efficient service at check-in and that you enjoyed most aspects of our fitness center and the actual hotel location. I apologize for your inconvenience experience during the morning when you were trying to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. While I am not sure of the particulars of the incident you have my assurance that I will look into it and that re-training our staff and review for better service hour system will occur. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you return to Union City as we would enjoy having you as our guest once again.
Cristina L. - Asst. General Manager
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Crown Plaza reminded me of an old Holiday Inn that had been upgraded. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff at front desk was excellent. The bathroom still had a tub that was showing some wear and age, but functioned perfectly. Overall, the hotel probably needs a bit of a refresh in some areas but that did not affect our stay. We would stay here again if using Oakland airport. If going to airport for a morning flight, be sure to allow plenty of time for morning rush hour traffic. It's about a dozen miles to airport but took over 30 minutes on freeway to get there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. As a valued guest we truly appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found our location to be very convenient. Hotel staff can truly make a difference in a guest stay and I am very glad to hear that our front-desk team made you feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you as well for recognizing specific members of our front-desk team for their outstanding service. I will certainly share these comments with them. In regards to the accommodation rooms, a complete hotel renovation of our rooms will begin in early 2013. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you return to Union City as we would enjoy having you as our guest once again.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Oakland South - Union City when you return to our area.
Cristina L. - Asst. General Manager
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

we stayed the hotel on 07/10/2012(room 215) with tour. The room has strong mildew smelL that loos like long time no people has lived in, only two shower towels in bath. one light was't working, the quilt cover was very old and has some holes , no paper, no pen.................... I feel very bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear YIC2012,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you found our location satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my deepest apology for not being able to meet your expectations on this day, particularly with the room accommodations you received. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review and I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Union City for a whole week while I was attending a One week church convention. The convention went well. Every day, the employees cleaned the banquet room after a mess from 350+ people, set up the room, and supplied us with all the materials we need. They were very helpful when it came to customer service. I would recommend having your gatherings and conventions here. The room that I stayed in was spectacular. The bed was better than my bed at home. Every morning, I ate at the breakfast buffet. I had coupons for free buffet breakfast. The food was great overall. They had a variety of choices, so I didn't get tired of eating it after a week. I would definitely reccomend this hotel for weddings, birthday parties, or even a vacation stay in one of their rooms.

Room Tip: The room on the third floor was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I have shared this with our staffs and management and we truely appreciate you taking your time to review us! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your time attending the church convention in our ballroom. We have received great feedbacks on our ammenities and services from many of your church attendees as well.
We hope to see you and your church convention group back here as our Guest/Meeting Attendees soon again!
Warm Regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel for two days for my business trip. My trip was great. The moment I walked to the front desk, I was greeted. After checking in, I was given a goodie bag with water, snacks, and a banana and coupons for free breakfast buffet. The eggs were great. My room was nicely put together. The bed was cozy and the water pressure for the shower was strong. The buisiness center in the lobby was very helpful. My computer died while I was here, so the computers came in handy. I will definitely be staying here again next time I come to Union city.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to a big shopping center.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Oakland South Union CIty. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you as well for recognizing our front-desk, housekeeping, maintenance, restaurant and kitchen team for their outstanding service. I will certainly share these comments with them and the rest of the management team.
I also want to thank you for taking your time to let us know you enjoyed our complimentary welcome Goodie snack bag we prepare every day with love and care to each of our hotel guests that comes to stay with us.
Should your future travels include the Union City or the Bay Area, we will look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon again staying with us!
Warmest Regards,
Cristina Lin - Asst. General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City? Share your experiences!