“Worst Hotel ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Victorville, California
“Worst Hotel ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place needs a major overhaul. The toilet was cracked, the paint was peeling and the fan in the bathroom sounded like a diesel truck. There were bugs on the bed and in the bathroom. The front desk did not care about my issues. We were the only ones eating in the cafe and it took for ever. The lobby is nice and that is about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Robert J,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reston, Virginia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I will never ever come back to this hotel! I unfortunately had to stay at this hotel because I could not find anything else.
Let me get to my bad experience, and then offer some good things about the hotel!
On the day of check-out, when I walked into the parking lot ( that doubles as a tennis court) I found that 3 cars, including my rental was broken into -all windows except passenger side smashed in.
The cops were immediately called and we filed police report. the cops noticed there was no CCTV/ surveillance installed in the parking lot.
I am in sales, and had an executive multi-million dollar proposal to present that morning.
In order to take care of the cop report, insurance, get a new car etc I had to push my meeting by a couple of hours
At the hotel desk, being upset I asked to speak with the manager. I was first informed around 930:am that manager on call Christina will be able to help, but she was running late in the morning.
I said I need to switch my car rental, and be back in an hours time. Upon returning around 11:30am, I asked front desk to connect me to the manager again. after waiting for about 10 minutes, a Mr Mark Yoshimitso came out. I told him to comp me for my two nights stay, as I had paid $500 deductible using personal insurance ( this was a mixed vacation/busines trip so I had stuck with my own insurance as I was going to use the car for weekend vacation). He said he cannot do that, I asked him to atleast extend my check-out to 7:00pm instead of noon, as I lost 2-3 hours sorting out car problems in the morning, and cannot both check out and make my meeting on time. He refused! He said there is nothing he can do to help me, made a crude hint about not getting the insurance offered by the rental agency, and acted like it was my fault the car was broken into. he pointed out signs clearly said ' hotel not responsible for damage etc'
anyhow : I just wanted some help to get by my morning, and received no help. The rest of the afternoon was extremely rushed/stressful for me.
I am not going to write about anything good at this hotel: oh yeah the Restaurant was boring, and i must say it was the worst chicken wings i have had in my life.
I would like to speak to someone higher up that Mark Yoshimitso if possible.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Atulkap,

Katie J
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

What a shame the the Intercontinental Hotel Family would include this dump in their hotel system. It is a Day's In dressed in maroon color with a plastic crown.

It is far from Oakland (1.5 hour drive to UC Berkeley). The room is crummy. Service is bad. We checked in and found 0 bath towels in the bathroom. It took us 4-5 calls to the front desk to get the towels.

WiFi is free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Chuck_In_Chicago,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received bad service from our staff and for the lack of towels during your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Boden, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is In limbo.
It seems like the management are trying hard to fix the surfaces using carpenters - but there are several other issues that needs to be taken care of:
- The restaurant is boring, the menu below standard, the cook should go somewhere to get new inspiration and the restaurant staff doesn't really put in that little extra effort...
- The rooms are okay - but our room hade a hidden major water leakage that hade poured water all the way through the wall to the next room. I guess that there are a lot of mould under the VERY wet carpet...
- Low internet speed and terrible TV-signal quality

On the pro side:
- Nice goodie bag upon arrival
- Very friendly and professional staff at the front desk
- The lounge is cool and cozy
- Easy to find and quite close to a large shopping area

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear peji70,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you have acknowledged the services of our staff. I would like to apologize if you did not find our restaurant services to your liking. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door to the Crowne Plaza until I checked out the following morning, I loved every minute! I was exhausted when I checked in--it must have been about 10:30pm after a long day. The greeting at the Front Desk was so pleasant, and I was even given a welcome basket to take to my room with assorted goodies to enjoy. A very nice person actually went to my car and brought in my heavy bags for me! The room was large and open, very comfortable! Everything was great! The room included a free buffet breakfast! Wow!

Thank you again to Crowne Plaza Oakland in Union City, CA! I truly needed pampering that night, and was so pleasantly surprised to receive it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kailua, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We Hotwired a stay here for the night of May 9th, 2012. We were exhausted after driving
for many hours from Southern California and arrived late. Dropped into bed and woke at
6:00 to find our sheets covered in blood spots. I immediately called the front desk and
when I asked what they were doing about the bedbugs the man said "we move our guests
to another room". As we were on our way to an early flight out of Oakland I demanded that
the hotel manager call me upon my return to my home in Hawaii. He did not call but an
assistant did. He said I should put in for a refund to Hotwire and when Hotwire called them
he would okay it. He also said that they depended upon the people checking into the rooms
to tell them if there were bedbugs....rather like the canary in the mine approach. Hotwire gave
me our money back as well as a $25 credit to be used for a future booking. I again demanded
that the manager call me...it is now 5/26/12 and he never has. Do not stay in the
Hotel. Certainly they know where the bugs are...when the maids do the rooms they can
see the large blood spots all over the sheets. Also note, as I checked in the woman on duty said
"we have frogs". They have lots of frogs so windows must be closed as they are very loud.
Noelle. Kona Hawaii

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North/Union City, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear noelleharrott,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here twice. Room looks decent, but one of them really really stunk like it has never been aired out. Thankfully the window was really flimsy, so although it had a stop so you can only open it a few inches, I was able to remove the whole pane and air out the room. The bathroom had peeling paint on the ceiling and a towel rack that was about to fall off. The furniture is modern and clean, the pillows nice and fluffy, so no problems there. No fridge in the rooms. Wifi works well.

Room Tip: Some rooms on upper floors look to the freeway, could be noisy. On the other hand, by the pool it i...