We stayed here for two nights. Room was very nice and clean. Bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom was really really nice. Large and clean. Shower and bath had two shelves which i've never yet seen in a hotel. usually there's a little place for soap. This was two really large triangular corner shelves made of marble!
The breakfast was delicious! Warm scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and all the usual breads,bagels and tons of jams and honey and cream cheese. Coffee was really good too. Apples and bananas as well.
The pool is an outdoor pool (although its enclosed and the hotels rooms go AROUND the pool area - there is no ceiling - it's open so you see the sky). Very cool and interesting pool area bcs all the corridors to the rooms go around it so you can see the pool from all the hallways. There is also a hot tub right near the pool.
This hotel is right next to a ton of shopping and eateries.
The drive into san fransisco is easy if you take the san mateo bridge (82). DO NOT TAKE THE BAY BRIDGE. Google this and read what ppl have to say about the traffic there. Its a horror. We went over the san mateo bridge a few times and there was no traffic whatsoever. costs $5 to cross from union city to sf but the other way is free. You then take the 101 or the 280 to get into certain areas of sf. TRY NOT TO GO INTO THE CITY PROPER AS TRAFFIC IS AWFUL. We sat in hours of traffic in mid sf. Look at a map well and plan out your route and try to avoid all the main roads that go straight through the city in the middle of it. For example, getting out of sf, try to avoid getting onto hwy 101 at its most northern point and instead take 280 southwards a bit until it joins up to the 101 farther down. The streets that we found to be very congested were octavia, colombus, stockton, mission...
Important - the entrance to the 280 is from 6th st.There is no sign on 6th st itself directing ppl to the 280...
All in all - very nice hotel with good service and clean rooms. Got much better reviews than any of the hotels in SF itself and was cheaper.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose Hotel Union City
- Holiday Inn Union City
- Union City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Union City, CA! We are located in the heart of the SF Bay Area and at the gateway to Silicon Valley! The new Union City Holiday Inn Express Hotel offers all the modern amenities with the convenient to Oakland, Hayward, Fremont, & San Jose. We are also central to several major universities & attractions including Cal State Hayward, UC Berkeley, Jack London Square, Oakland Coliseum & Arena, Chabot College, Stanford University, Great America Theme Park, and San Jose State University. Located adjacent to the Union Landing Entertainment Complex, our guests can choose from over a dozen restaurants, a variety of shopping options, IFLY (indoor skydiving) and 25 movie screens within walking distance. Choose to dine at Chevy s, Chili s, TGI Friday s, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee s, IHOP, or just pick up a snack at In-N-Out Burger, or Krispy Kreme Donuts. The hotel features an indoor/outdoor solar heated pool, heated whirlpool spa, on-site fitness center plus our renowned complimentary Express Start breakfast bar. Our guest rooms feature free high-speed internet access, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards, two-line speaker phones with voice mail and ergonomic chair. We are central to all Bay Area airports: San Jose, South (SJC), Oakland, North (OAK) and San Francisco (SFO) - each within a 25 mile range. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Bay Area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.