“Solid Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Solid Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here on business for a couple nights. The hotel and room were very clean. The rooms were updated and quiet at night. The staff was friendly. WIFI is solid. Didn't use the pool, but it looked good. The location is not the best if your visiting San Fran (it's about 45 min-1hr to downtown + a toll). The location is great if you're passing through or just staying in Oak town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rio Dell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We hardly ever go to the city but it's graduation time and we wanted an easy in and out with everything close by...WOW! The staff was outstanding! Always available and helpful. The Breakfast offered at the hotel is one of the best free breakfasts I have ever seen, hot food and variety. They are so wonderfully located next to all the shopping and dining choices you could hope for and a quick hop to the freeway even though we never heard the freeway noise. Some guests even brought the whole family but we never heard them or saw them until breakfast, but you can take it back to your room if kids bother you. There is also a pool and jacuzzi and a work out room near the dining hall. My only peeve was only one elevator but not a big deal, there's plenty of stairs. Our stay lasted 3 days, long enough for something to go wrong but it never did.All around a great stay in Hayward!

Room Tip: There is so much to do and see within walking distance just outside the door.Food, skydiving, movies...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Lithoria,

I am so glad to hear that you consider our Union City Holiday Inn Express as your perfect destination! And I'm even happier to hear that you plan to return to our hotel because of our easy freeway access, our breakfast and our wonderful staff services.We love to here the Wow feelings! and this will motivate our staff to work hard.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to see again very soon!

Thanks Again!

Ann Marie,
GM
(510) 475-0600
orange county, california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was a stop on our trip up to Napa. Very nice for the price, clean and modern room, and nice facility. Had your choice of firm or soft pillows, there was a fitness room, and free breakfast (which was okay).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
1,132 helpful votes 1,132 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for a sleep over on your travel trips in this area. Remember, this is only a express hotel, however, it is excellent for what you pay for!!! It does have a small pool and hot water spa it its courtyard in the middle of the hotel. Also, it provides free morning continental breakfast and newspaper. I give it high ratings as a express hotel only!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Stephen S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a professional courteous front desk clerk Shuja M. was during my stay at the Holiday Inn Express. He corrected what could have been a major problem with the parties sleeping arrangements that I was traveling with. The mistake was made by Hot wire.com on my original reservation. There was a miscommunication with the people, rooms and getting the rooms paid for with my credit card. The customer service clerk had a heavy accent, it was difficult translating my needs to him. After it was all said and done he messed up the reservation! Shuja M. corrected the mistake, and our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was outstanding! With the economy riddled with lack of accountability, and Unprofessional service providers, it was great to have someone care about the needs of the customer.

Room Tip: When you book with Hot Wire, com do not use customer service on the phone, use the internet!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights last week. It was my second time to stay in this hotel. I had room 415 overlooking the front of the hotel. There is a lot of traffic and activity in the front of the hotel and the noise could be bothersome if you are noise sensitive. Other than this, I thought my room was very satisfactory. The room was large with a large bathroom. The front desk and housekeeping staff were all very polite and courteous. Although I have never used the pool, it looked clean and adequate for a good swim. The breakfast is standard fare for an HIE. There are many places to eat in the adjacent shopping area. There is easy access to the freeway and adequate parking in front of the property. I did not feel unsafe staying in this hotel. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a stay on the East Bay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
santa monica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Chose this place because it was closest to my son's friend who lives in Fremont. The room was a good size with a very comfortable mattress and choice of pillows. The heater was a little tricky to set. The workout room was adequate. The pool has a device to assist individuals with physical impairments. The free breakfast had many choices with some hot items. There is a Krispy Kreme walking distance that is open 24/7. There is free coffee, granola bars and fruit in the atrium.

When I booked, I asked for a room that was quiet. Unfortunately there is construction occurring around the hotel. When I checked in, I was not advised on this. If they disclosed this at check in, I would have given them a 4. I brought the issues of the noise with the front desk and was told that they do not start early nor stay late. I do not believe there is a room in the hotel where the noise is not heard. Construction started at 730 AM until 430PM.

Room Tip: If you plan on staying here, you should call the hotel directly to see what the status is of the con...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear uzengirl,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased that the room accommodations lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the construction noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose? Share your experiences!