“AKA "Kabila Cuisine of India" with a great Indian food buffet.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kabila Cuisine of India

Kabila Cuisine of India
29286 Union City Blvd, Union City, CA 94587-1209 (Formerly Kabila Sweets & Snacks)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 102 restaurants in Union City
Cuisines: Bakery, Dessert, Indian
Dining options: Takeout, Buffet
Dining options: Takeout, Buffet
Santa Cruz, California
“AKA "Kabila Cuisine of India" with a great Indian food buffet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Although this place does have a rather extensive variety of Indian sweets and snacks at a separate counter, I go here for the FOOD. This is an Indian food restaurant. The lunch buffet is the real shining star here. Starting with a nice little salad bar and moving on to the hot stuff. I wish I knew what the different foods are called and exactly what's in them so I could be specific about what I liked, but really, maybe I don't want to know right? The sauces are awesome, the creamy spinach stuff (sounds and looks awful, HA!) tastes killer good. I beleive the meats in the sauces are mainly chicken and goat, both very good. There’s more than a few vegetarian dishes too, and all good. I typically plop a spoonful of almost everything on my plate, then go back for whatever is tickling my taste buds on that particular day. The do bring fresh made Naan (flatbread) to the table. Lastly, there's a dessert area to finish everything off. The little balls with sugary-sweet stuff all over them is not my thing but they also have a smoothie machine that dispenses a mango sherbet ice cream. I get mine in a mini ice cream cone, perfect amount for a light sweet treat. They have soft drinks, tea & some beers, but the water with lemon is my choice. It's around $10 bucks and believe me, worth every bit. Easy to find and easy parking, For you business lunch-time warriors, you can get in, get full, pay and split pretty quickly if you need to.

• Visited March 2012