“Great value in the center of Ukiah” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Ukiah
Sacramento, California
“Great value in the center of Ukiah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this motel. Rooms and bathrooms were large and clean. The bed was comfortable. The A/C heating unit was relatively quiet, but still a bit noisy when it kicked on. Definitely a notch up from cut-rate motels and well worth the extra few bucks. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
California Hot Springs, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My rate for this receptionist girl Jag is super 0.
I just called in this location and made a reservation for one of my employee and i just asked her (Jag with the wierd name) to spell her name to make a note but she was murmuring on the phone which i could clearly hear and she also called me dumb which also i heard. with her bad attitude i had to end up that call hanging up the phone. if this kind of stupidity shows during the reservation then how could this hotel get the guests..I am surprised.. the owners must have to take some action.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cocoa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a terrible hotel. Now we know why we got such a good rate. When pulling up to the hotel you will know right away that the area is not very good. The front desk guy told us that it was in fact a safe area. The room we had was dirty with black foot prints in tub and dirty floors. It's very very noisy and the breakfast is horrible if you could even call it that. It has 3 small tables pushed up against the wall and very limited selection. Pay more and stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Crescent City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would go back and stay again. The room was clean and comfortable and the price could not be beat. Staff was exceptional and you even got a hot breakfast. We ate in a restaurant just one block away call the Garden Cafe and it was outstanding as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Room was very clean. Everything worked and there were plenty of towels and shampoos & etc. the shower was great...good pressure and hot! Four good pillows...awesome. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Will come back .

• Stayed October 2012
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spent last weekend here during a business trip. I checked out a couple other places in Ukiah and they were not up to par. It is obvious that the owners care about their property and are continuing to make improvements. The two things I would suggest are new chairs and the carpet needed a good cleaning. Other than that, it was a clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

For $75 on a Friday night in that area, it wasn't bad.
The hotel is located close to the restaurants, although you still need a car. It wasn't right at the freeway exit and therefore, was pretty quiet.
The bathroom was very clean and large. Not having our knees in the wall facing the toilet was nice. No rust, mold or leaky faucet; rare enough, even in more expensive places. So 1 star for that.

On the other hand, the furniture in the room looked kind of old and cheap.

We were disappointed with the breakfast. Well, first of, it's just the regular type with toasts, cereals, so called jam (at least, it wasn't powdered orange juice), no surprise there but for a hotel of that size - meaning small, we believe they could switch to ceramic/glass and get rid of plastic/foam. I know, not many hotels do that but it's time to change and we'll take that into consideration from now on. Northern California is such a model in the eco-friendly way of life, we feel even more bad to use those things for a 5 minute breakfast. Even at the Cafe at California Academy of Sciences they use ceramic and glass only although they receive hundreds if not thousands of people per day. So 1 less star for that.

I have mixed feeling regarding the management/staff. It all started with the fact that I couldn't get to my reservation that I had made on their private website. I called several times for 2 days with no answer, emails bounced back and I started to freak out a little so I called Choice Hotel to check with them. Nothing so the person who assist me made a duplicate reservation. Since I didn't like the idea of not knowing what would be charged on my credit card nor the fact that 2 rooms might be booked, I tried to call the hotel again later. The person on the phone, I assume it was the manager, wasn't rude but I really felt like I did bother him. He quickly explained that there was a problem with the whole phone/internet system and he made sure that just 1 room was booked at my name. I also asked if we could ship a few packages since we're coming from South America and everything is so expensive there. He said there was no problem. When I checked in, I was greeted by a nice lady at first, who then seemed annoyed that there were 2 rooms at my name. I was confused, I apologized and explained the whole situation but she didn't care and cut me halfway through my explanation adding that my packages had been there for a while. She was smiling but yet, I felt that she wasn't happy. She asked me why I had sent packages there (it was the first time for them) and asked me to take care of my boxes since they weren't the hotel trash. Sure, no problem that but when I asked where I would find a recycling center in the area, she said that she was sure I would find something on my way. She couldn't care less. I've seen better ways to serve a client, from motels, to campgrounds to big hotels. Again, I was embarrassed, if it was a problem, the person over the phone should have told me so, that's why I asked before ordering. I understand it is a small hotel "lost in the middle of nowhere", that they don't see many international people there but this is the first time it happens to us. As for the manager, the next morning, he was once again polite and asked the usual questions at check-out but looking at the computer only. Not very attentive to me. Nevertheless, if they read this, I thank them for keeping our packages for us. Thanks to them, we had a great week in Northern California.

Would we go back? I would consider it but would check elsewhere first.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!