“Worst place ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn- Ukiah

You added Americas Best Value Inn- Ukiah to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn- Ukiah
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601 Talmage Road, Ukiah, CA 95482 (Formerly Vagabond Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay & Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
“Worst place ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked two rooms. My mother I'd handicapped and can not climb stairs. Her room was on the bottom floor, but the room smelled of cleaner as if they dumped a gallon of pine sol to cover up something. It was so strong it burned your throat and gave you a headache to be in the room, and the carpet was so dirty it was black. My room was filthy. The walls had dirty handprints all over them and other substances I was afraid to touch. The mirrors were streaked with dirt, toothpaste and looked as if someone was popping pimples in the mirror and the got it on the glass. The sink was falling off the wall. The showed us two other rooms in the same condition, both on the second floor my mom couldn't walk up to. The staff were horrible people that wouldn't refund our money so we could stay somewhere else because it was booked on Hotwire. They said it was policy, and wouldn't provide me with their business license number to file a complaint. The lobby was dirty as well, the glass was covered in fingerprints and smelled like curry. After an hour of arguing with the staff about policies they could not provide to me, we took our loss and stayed in another hotel. But not until after I made them look at the filthy rooms they made me pay for. I asked them would you sleep in this? And I did not get a response. Don't ever, ever, stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Feliciaflores76

Bakersfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Smelled like cigarette smoke most of the time. The screens were off all of the rear windows to make for easier access for the locals. Carpet was stained and the place was generally run down. There was a convention in town and this was the only place left. The bed was very comfortable though.

Room Tip: Look at another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadDog25

Travelers are raving about these Ukiah hotels

Ukiah, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I had stay at vagabond inn and i had N- joyed stay and had morning Breakfast in morning and nice sleep at night and its quet place and nice price rates.Next time i will stay again at Vagabond Inn

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mahen p
Bandon, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Clean and convenient location, some minor maintenance issues but otherwise a good stay, no breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our room was very clean and came with two queen beds rather than doubles! It seemed like the thermostat was out of our control and didn't cool the room as much as we would have liked. I also loved the fact that I paid what I paid and wasn't hit with any additional charges for "incedentals". The room also came with a mini fridge which was appreciated.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank harpling
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My husband and I were driving up the 101 towards The Avenue of the Giants from Korbel Champagne Cellars and we were looking for a hotel that was clean and economical. We were lucky to find such a steal at the Vegabond Inn Ukiah. We paid $59/night + taxes came to $65.49, most other hotels were charging $80-$180! We just wanted somewhere to sleep and shower with basic amenities.

When we walked in our room, it was very clean. There was a fridge and microwave along with soap, shampoo/conditioner in one bottle and lotion. They also have FREE Wi-Fi Service which was super easy to connect to.

Definitely would stay here again. I've had my share of bad hotels, but this one exceeded my expectations.

FREE PARKING

They had a pool, which looked very inviting, but I didn’t bring my swimsuit so I didn’t go in. Everything looks very well kept.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LuisAngie05
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Quality Inn
4.5 of 5 stars 362 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
BEST WESTERN Orchard Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Ukiah? Share your experiences!