“Great wine tasting weekend !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Ukiah
Eureka, California
“Great wine tasting weekend !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was clean. The staff was friendly And attentive. The room was exactly what we needed. I have no doubt that we will book accommodations at this hotel in the future. As this wine tasting weekend occurs twice a year. Thank you Fairfield Inn and suites!!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel was very nice to upgrade us to an executive king suite. No complaints at all..very nicely...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Redlands, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped in Ukiah on our way from Eureka,CA to San Francisco,CA. The Fairfield Inn appeared to be newly renovated. Everything was new and clean looking. The Staff was helpful and friendly. And the beds were super-comfy! Had a nice sleep here. The rooms were fresh and new feeling.They have a good breakfast selection and the dining area was clean. Not much in the town of Ukiah. But, there was a WalMart and an Applebees right across the street. Very convenient!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed for one evening on business in March 2013. This hotel is well located, being right off of US 101 and easy to find, with decent food in walking distance. It is not, however, located near downtown Ukiah and if your business takes you there, you will have to drive a few minutes. While immediately off the road, my initial fears of traffic noise were dispelled by the quiet room, and the lack of traffic.

There was easy parking, a very quick checkin, and a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable price. Those are the main things you want.

The satellite TV worked well, and the very small gym room was adequate. The indoor pool and spa, while I did not use them, looked really wonderful. I was impressed by the hoist for disabled persons to use the pool (perhaps they had an ADA complaint or else they are simply out ahead of their competitors). I did not eat the included breakfast at the hotel (other than lifting a bannana for the road later) but in walking through the breakfast room it seemed to me to look pretty reasonable.
My only complaint was that there seemed to be a bit of HVAC noise late at night; perhaps because it is otherwise so quiet.

Yup, I would stay here again. I think it is a solid choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oakley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This Fairfield Inn is typical of the brand and any Marriott regular knows what to expect. The building and furnishings are well kept but starting to show their age - we were told a refurbishment is underway. The location is conveniently just off Highway 101, and easy to find; there are several restaurants within walking distance. We'll be happy enough to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

An average property with mixed staff attitudes. Seems a lot of locals stop by or hang out here .
Pool looked great
Requests handled promptly though room wasnt clean
(crumbs and food on chair and desk)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Talmage, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Upon arriving in the small town of Ukiah, California, where we recently moved to be near the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, we did not have a place to live. Our plans were to stay at the Fairfield Inn until we located a house or apartment. We ended up staying nearly a month at the Fairfield because of the housing shortage in Ukiah. It was a wonderful stay. Each day the maid service cleaned and I do mean a complete cleaning of the room. The rooms were spacious with upscale furniture and beds were so comfortable I wanted to take one with me! The staff went out of their way to make our stay special. The breakfast bar was just like home cooking except we did not do the work. I would suggest that anyone who needs to stay a night or nearly a month at the Ukiah Fairfield will not be disappointed. I never tip for hotel rooms and I do mean never. This was an exception because of the excellent maid service. Don't forget to join the Marrott Rewards. It helps with the cost and you earn free nights.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I travel every week and divide my time between Hilton and Marriott properties as a Fold member of both.

This is the poorest Marriott I have ever been in and I will think twice about choosing a Fairfield property in the future. The room is clean but there were several maintenance issues brought to the Front Desk attention yesterday - torn lamp shade on the desk, bathroom exhaust fan doesn't work, no cover over the fluorescent bulbs over the bathroom mirror. It is late afternoon and NONE have been addressed. Though it was offered to change rooms, I declined but now wish I had. It was noisy last night with TVs blaring, people slamming doors and general unruliness of guests.

Clearly this hotel does NOT meet the Marriott standard nor does it meet the standard of the Hampton Inn next door (I stayed there several months ago).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that you were given a room that should have been temporarily out of service. I cannot understand your decision to reject our offer of another room. While we can’t always fix every problem immediately because of the need for parts or supplies, we can always offer a different room when available. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations on this trip, but I hope you will try us again.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County? Share your experiences!