“Don't ask for anything extra” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Ukiah
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   693 South Orchard Avenue, Ukiah, CA 95482   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ukiah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very disappointing stay. Staff didn't seem helpful. Got the reservation wrong. Kept insisting I wanted two rooms when the printed reservation I had said one room. Asked for non-smoking room. Given smoking room. Room was the closest there was to the freeway.

Not good all the way around.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed at Ukiah Super 8 while on a trip to CA in spring. It was a great motel! The best Super 8 ever. The owner doesn't do AAA discounts anymore but still gave us the discount as we'd found the motel in AAA book. He believes in so has recycling bins in rooms. Also rooms were very nice,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
McKinleyville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

If I could give a rating of worse than terrible I would. I made my reservation for this hotel 3 months in advance, knowing it was a holiday weekend in combination with a huge race weekend for BMX. I called and gave them my credit card number to reserve my room. My arrival date was Saturday, 5/24/14. I arrived and gave them my name and was told there was not a room for me, but they had reserved a room for me at the Discovery Inn. I was very upset and asked the manager why bother even reserving a room when they were going to give it away to someone else. She tried arguing back with me telling me that I wasn't understanding what she was telling me. Oh yea, I completely understood...they gave my room away to someone else....PERIOD! This went back and forth for some time. Her excuse was that some people traveling for bmx arrived on Friday and were staying for 2 nights. Um hello? You just don't give away rooms to other people when it has been reserved for someone else!!!! They are money hungry jerks! We had some friends stay there for bmx and the rate was supposed to be $55, but when they checked in their room rate had jumped to $75. They were told that was the rate if you had 2 beds. Wow, I wonder if they did that to other bmx people.
Now, if no one has ever stayed at the Discovery Inn, let me just tell you this a motel where people live!!!!! Absolutley disgusting, run down, dirty, stained carpets, a night club of some sort on one end ....need I say more??
Luckily my family was fortunate enough to stay with some other friends and it all ended up working out, but had it not; we would have had to find another hotel in a different town.

I will NEVER, EVER recommend the Super 8!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

While on a work related road trip, needing an inexpensive and not-too-grubby place to stay, I spent one night at the Super 8 in Ukiah.

I was very surprised to find that this "2-Star" motel was actually very, very nice! The room I had (single king, one of those in their photos) we more tastefully decorated than some other places I have stayed that are considered 3-Star+ "resort " lodgings.

The floors are done in nice, high quality wood finish flooring, rather than the usual cheap indoor/outdoor carpeting. The furniture was all in great condition and well arranged. The entire room seemed to have been decorated with a designer's touch rather than the slapdash parolee-on-the-run style so often found in lower cost motels.

The breakfast area featured fresh hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, cereal, juice, etc. The pool & hot tub area were very clean, free of screaming children and very appreciated after a 97' day in the area!

The staff were very friendly, courteous and seemed genuinely interested in guest's comfort. Not sure how long ago Kerissza1119 stayed there, but I saw no sign of the sort of problems she mentioned. Garry A's experience is much more what I found.

I wish I had more reasons to go to Ukiah other than the rare business trip through the area. I would certainly stay again and recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: Book through AARP for a very good price.
Green Features: Very "Green" including a separate recycling container in the room, electrical charging station for cars, gentle reminders to turn off lights and a/c when not in use, etc.
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great motel. More like a resort. Owner has great pride in his ownership upgrades rooms all the time and the property

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Camino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed at the Super 8 for work. Wasn't expecting much, however the room was large, clean and nicely furnished. The staff was also very friendly. Pool and restaraunt on site. Happily surprised. Will stay there again. Excellent value for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Ukiah? Share your experiences!