“Be Weary of your BILL!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Phx, AZ
“Be Weary of your BILL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife made a reservation at this location while I was on the road driving this summer. I was getting tired and needed a place to rest for the night.

She looked up this place, which was advertising a $69/night room. It seemed reasonable so she booked it for me.

I got there very late at night having taken longer than hoping to get there. When I am checking in I was told my room was $195!!! I almost slept in the parking lot, but I needed a bed bad, so I caved in, hoping it was a mistake. The room was clean and comfy, but c'mon!!.. really?!!

Next morning the owner explains that there is a big event close by that has filled him to capacity, so they were charging premium prices. Someone had already reserved and paid for that room, but was not going to show, so he gauged me for almost $200 for one nights sleep, off the highway in Ukiah, at a Super 8. Yes, really.

Room Tip: Be very careful with your bill, and have other options available to you. This place will gauge you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed 1 night for business and will stay here again. My room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. I was given a room upstairs by the office - which I appreciated as a woman traveling alone.
The breakfast has more choices than the usual buffet, which was great

Cloverdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Super 8 in Ukiah a number of times. As a business traveler, and a woman traveling alone, I look for a good price, comfort, cleanliness, quiet, a feeling of security and have found all of these qualities at the Super 8 in Ukiah. The breakfast buffet is substantial and tasty. The coffee is good. The family that owns the hotel is consistently helpful. Its nice that they remember me from visit to visit.

super8ukiah, Owner at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
First of all, thank you for your loyalty and business over the past few years. We do sincerely appreciate it. We also appreciate your comments and compliments and for taking the time to do a review on our hotel.
Thanks again.
east bay, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Will stay again...fairly clean. Rooms are spacious. I like that room has good coffee and the led 40 inch tv is a bonus. I did not expect flat screen tv's in a budget hotel. It's strategically located in town and by the freeway.

super8ukiah, Owner at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to do a review on our hotel. We highly value our guests comments and continually use these comments to improve our services. We are very happy that you enjoyed our new 40" LED TV and 100% Organic Coffee. We look forward to see you again.
Have a Super Day..!
FORT BRAGG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were more than happy with the cleanliness and quietness of our room and the service was efficient. The price was right and we were close to everything we needed. We so enjoyed our stay that we have decided to stay over night again at the same motel next time we want to just get away for a few days.

super8ukiah, Owner at Super 8 Ukiah, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for staying at our Super 8 Ukiah. We appreciate your compliments and I will be sure to pass them onto our staff who work diligently every day to provide our guests with a SUPER stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Super 8 Ukiah? Share your experiences!