“Simply put.....the best in Ukiah, CA.” 4 of 5 stars

Discovery Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1340 North State Street, Ukiah, CA 95482   |
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Simply put.....the best in Ukiah, CA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I came to Ukiah to visit family once I got there my vehicle broke down multiple problems with my credit card and a spite of everything Mike and his staff fwas awesome and even when my credit card situation entirely collapse Mike was there and gave me a free night until everything got straightened out.
Customer service is an overrated word misused in a lot of places use it but at the Discovery Inn for once I was truly served as a customer.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jefferson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed at. If it wasn't for the fact that they wouldn't let us cancel our reservation and return our money, we would have went elsewhere.
We checked in around 1:00am and found our room to be dirty and a ceiling in the bathroom that was in the process of being repaired. We figured we would deal with it in the morning. We had been driving for almost 12 hours and we had two sleeping kiddos. In the morning we had to leave and packed all our stuff back in the car. We asked if we could cancel our reservations and was told no! So our only option was to move to another room. We got back to the hotel around 3:00 to get ready for my uncles funeral....we asked for a new room...the person in the office at that point did not want to let us switch rooms. Finally we were on our way to a "clean" room...4 more rooms later...one nastier then the last, we were back in our original room. I called Hotels.com, the website that we used to find out hotel and they said that there was nothing they could do for us. The employee of Discovery Inn admitted that she wouldn't stay in the rooms she was showing me. It was an awful experience! I highly recommend not staying at this hotel! There are plenty of other hotels around in better neighborhoods! The breakfast area is also not what they advertise.....there is an older lady that stands in there and will not let you serve yourself and watches you while you eat. There was also a few people that had walked in off the streets to get breakfast as they tied their pit bull up outside! Nasty, nasty hotel!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Recently i was back at the DI and happy to see it still: cozy and clean, ideally located near stores and freeway on ramp, hot waffles, Redwood display, oversized rooms and more. I stay all over and am surprised by the negative reviews. In any other city this place would have 3-4 stars consistently. I could tell the rooms had recently been deep cleaned and there was fresh paint and excellent desk help avail. This is really the best quality at a discounted rate. Travelers should be pleased. DI is almost a local attraction! I am also always surprised how large the rooms are for a queen bed. Larger than average. Desk, coffee, refer and room to move.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Staff not friendly, staff acted as if the customer was a burden to have at their hotel. Once in the room we found discarded potato chips under the bed with the empty bag, hair all over the bathroom floor.

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I was getting desparate for a place to stop for the night. Staff seemed annoyed that I was there ...paying them money, ridiculous. Room was huge. Not very clean, I never took off my shoes! I even wore flip flops in the shower! Thats the kind of feeling I got from this place! There were a ton of people that were apparently long term customers. Very creepy people, watching you get out of your car, etc. I was woken up at 3 AM by a group of these people, drunk and having some kind of domestic dispute. Will NEVER stay here, and hopefully never have to go to Ukiah...dirty, scary town!

• Stayed September 2012
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Between Willits and Ukiah there are two billboards advertising The Discovery Inn Best Western. That's what you see at 60 mph! At the second billboard, I kept saying "Gobbi St." and my husband said, "No, It's State St. exit." Well, it was after midnight and we were exhausted. So we didn't sort out the mixup. Besides, the next thing we saw was the huge lit up Discovery Inn sign. We were checking in and the first thing I did was hand the young man my Best Western rewards card. He didn't say anything! But the minute we got to the room, we knew we weren't at a Best Western Plus.Only 3 pillows, not the requisite 4 for Plus status and questionable decor (a clean but 1970s style couch??), plus bird feathers under the couch ( hubby pulled it out from the wall to reach a plug in)! Online rate is listed as $79 and we were charged $127 plus tax. The next a.m. my husband confronted the staff about the deception and the overcharge. They agreed to credit us $30 (still $30 more than online posted rate) and they tried to brush off the Best Western deception. I'm assuming the hotel owner owns both places. IF the man at the front desk had said, "Lady, this isn't a BW. We don't give BW reward points, it's the hotel down the street," I wouldn't be upset. IF the morning staff had owned up to the misleading billboard instead of trying to make us think we were imagining what we saw, I wouldn't be upset. But we retraced our route and I have a photo of one of the billboards. I've never known two competing hotels to advertise on the same billboard, have you?! The Discovery Inn is even painted in the blue and gray colors associated with BW.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I wouldnt stay there again. My room had dog fecies on the wall, bed was old and with stains, carpet was disgusting, found food under the bed but yet my parents had to pay extra for trained puppies. I feel with the extra money they charge for animals the rooms should be extra cleaner. The pool could have been cleaner and out of 4 spa's only 1 worked there geyser didnt work they had no ponds like the brocher protrayed.

Room Tip: Dont stay there