“Quiet and restful, but springs are average. Expensive for what it is” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Orr Hot Springs

Orr Hot Springs
13201 Orr Springs Rd, Ukiah, CA
707-462 6277
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 16 Attractions in Ukiah
Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
“Quiet and restful, but springs are average. Expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you want peace and quiet, this is a great place to go. Tucked into the hills outside of Ukiah, it's very private. the rooms were clean and very basic. The springs themselves, were nice but nothing special, it could have just been any kind of water, whereas for natural thermal springs, you always know you're at something a little special. However, it was very relaxing, and it was nice to be able to go to different pools of varying temperatures. Cooking facilites are very good and the place has a lovely vibe as everyone seems to be there just to chill. Very expensive for what it is though.

Visited September 2011

Oakland, california, USA
“Quiet place- not many people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Went by myself to camp ($50), though mostly couples renting rooms ($150). Only about 6 campsites, and half are made for small tents. Mine was 1 foot from the cliff, and I almost fell off 6x! I also had to walk within a foot of my neighbors tent every time passing, so please keep quiet!! Cabin rooms are not terribly private either, this place is very small. 1 is next to smoking area, 2 are next to front slamming gate, 2 are next to camping slamming gate, 1 is between kitchen and pools. There are some further back, so ask for rooms with privacy. They provide wheel-barrows to carry your stuff in, as the parking is about a block or so away. Carry the basics in if camping. They have a community kitchen and bbq, with an indoor dining area. There's 1 small hot pool, 1 small warm pool, a big natural pool/pond, 1 dry sauna, 1 wet sauna. @ private claw tubs on the roof deck, and about 6 private claw tub rooms that you can lock. All are open 24 hours a day. Pools are cleaned between 7am-9am, so the most popular time to go was 9am. Drive is a big curvy, and dirt roads at times. Get your goods before coming, cause you won't want to go back to town.

Visited July 2011
Scotts Valley, California
“Love the outdoors? Need to unwind? This is the place to go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I've been to the hot springs a few different times and if I didn't live so far away I'd go every week. It's a gorgeous drive up there and it's absolutely beautiful inside. Lush green gardens , friendly staff, quiet serene setting, private and secluded, and clean...amazing. My next trip up there I'll be staying in one of their cute cottages and getting a massage.

You gotta be open minded about clothing optinal because in the pool areas you hardly ever find someone with clothes on. People are friendly but mostly stick to themselves unless you're in the common kitchen area, which is mandatory to wear clothes.

I highly recommend it. ~ Nicole

San Francisco, CA
“Orr should warn visitors of ticks that transmit disease!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Orr was one of my favorite places and I had been there lots. So why the bad review? Last time i was there (December '08) I got a tick bite that I did not see at the time, then I got the rash people often get exactly a week later, and then suffered a spinal "injury" of multiple disc rupture and herniation and over a year of pain and puking and migraines and so on since. In April '09, I tested positive for Lyme disease and a parasitic co-infection, Babesia, from that tick bite - after struggling for months to figure it out.

My contracting Lyme Disease if of course no fault of Orr's, but when I called Orr to report that news and ask that they put up a poster or something to warn people of ticks and Lyme and provide some prevention information, I got a dismissive response. They told me that people in Ukiah know there is a high risk of ticks that carry Lyme Disease in the area. But people come to Orr from all over who don't have this information. I hope that the Owner/Staff at Orr can make the responsible decision to inform their customers, in the spirit of prevention and safety (and just plain customer service!).

I knew nothing of Lyme Disease and I was curious about the circular rash on my arm, but I forgot about it after my back injury until I got sicker. If I had any clue that ticks and Lyme were common in the Orr area, I may have been more aware to look out for ticks and/or symptoms, and known how important it is to treat it early and fast. Now I have brain swelling, spinal degeneration, gastro trouble and months of treatment to come.

Orr, please put something up. I've heard on the East coast it's common to see posters about ticks and disease prevention. It's good for your business to support safety and prevention. I will happily remove this review and further support your business if you'll please take this seriously.

For Orr frequenters - check for ticks (they are tiny!), learn how to remove them if you find them, know that you won't feel a bite because they emit something to numb the area, and know that adult ticks are now transmitting Lyme in that area Oct-March, on top of the Spring-Summer transmission time for nymph stage ticks. Thanks!

California
“Unorganized, Unprofessional and Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I was at Orr Hot Springs Tuesday before Thanksgiving trying to make plans to meet some friends. We did not get a call back until hours later. After being frustrated at no call back I stopped by to see if we could soak. The staff member was rude and aggressive but reluctantly said yes. I went to call my friends and let them know they could come and find out if they were still willing to come. I came back to pay 4 times and there was no one at the desk. Simply a sign saying fill out the form and wait. Some other guest who were also waiting told me to come back later. As I was waiting for my friends to show about 5 guests told me that I needed to go to the desk to pay. When I went again there was no one but a bell to ring for assistance I rang the bell and no one came and I kept waiting. Finally another staff person happened to walk in and saw me waiting and went to back and got the rude lady to come out and she took my credit card she was very mean and hostile. Thankfully one of the guests who had seen me come by several times to pay was there and confirmed to her that I had come by earlier and she simply replied in a nasty tone something to the effect that she was on a break. I never plan to go back.