“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Twain Harte B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were here in May 2013 and we had a great time. We used a Groupon or Living Social voucher. The rooms were so beautiful and felt luxurious yet quaint and rustic. We had a great view out our window of the forest. We didn't have a deck but it didn't matter, it felt more private to enjoy the view from inside the window.

Stephanie and her family and staff were all very friendly and helpful. They gave us good tips about where to go to sightsee and what restaurants to go to. Based on their suggestions, we went to the beautiful Pinecrest Lake and there just also happened to be a food and wine event Twain Harte Ala Carte that weekend where they were also going to be showcasing their business and food.

We really hope to make this place an annual visit. We had a great time and hope to come back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
smccaffrey, Owner at McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your time in Twain Harte and Pinecrest and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Twain Harte ala Carte is an event sponsored by Twain Harte Soroptimist and happens every May. It's fun to taste all the different foods from the restaurants in the area while enjoying wine from our local wineries. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been going here for 16 years and have been amazed at the consistency and hospitality offered each and every year. We didn't know if it was our home, a Bed and Breakfast or a five - star hotel. The only thing we didn't like was that we had to leave. I have never been to a B&B that offered such a bounty of exquisitely fresh and delightful foods. We have always had children in our party, and they have ranged in age from infants to toddlers to teens. Stephanie consistently asks if the children want a more kid-friendly breakfast and offers to make it herself.
Michael and Dolores are always happy to add any extras that would enhance your eating experience. The setting is very peaceful and it is very quiet yet you are close to the main highway to get to any adventure you plan to attend. The McCaffreys , Michael and Stephanie, are delightful hosts. They run a very excellent family business. I would highly recommend it from President Obama to the Average Joe.

Lynette and the Grandisons

Room Tip: let them know who is in your party so they know how to accommodate you or your family
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We look forward every year to you and your family staying with us. Watching the children grow from infancy to teenagers has been fun and makes me ask - where did all the years go! Look forward to your return stay.
Hofheim am Taunus, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife daughter and I stayed here for two nights whilst travelling on our way from San Francisco to North California (passing through Yosemite) and we had a wonderful stay. Stephanie was incredably helpful and offered directions and advice for the limited time we had available.
It feels like you are staying at a friend's house and can be part of the family with a complete run of the house and facilities.
Being dog people my family and I loved the fact that there were two very friendly four legged companions looking for affection and attention but beware one stroke is not enough!
I would love to see the place in the snow.
At last someone who does not tie down their Wlan with passwords or time limits making contact with the outside world easy.
Very apple friendly.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw looked good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
smccaffrey, Owner at McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the lovely review, we are so happy your enjoyed your time with us. We're happy when our guests are happy! We do have very friendly animals, especially Finnegan. We hope the rest of your trip went well and that you all have a safe trip home.
Kingsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in order to visit Yosemite as it had been recommended to us. We were not disappointed. The hosts Stephanie and Michael were charm itself. The setting is beautiful, nestled in the trees. We had huge and gorgeous breakfasts watching the local and varied wildlife from our table. Wine in the evening on the wrap around deck with the aroma of pine trees in the air. Loved every minute.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
smccaffrey, Owner at McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of our inn. We're so glad you enjoyed your time at the inn and your visit to Yosemite. In my thinking, Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Michael and I visit often and never tire of the magnificent vistas, waterfalls, rock formations and trails.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the McCaffrey House. The Sage Room was comfortable and clean and well appointed. All the public rooms were carefully set out with attractive ornaments and antiques. Michael and Stephanie, the owners, were hospitable and friendly and very informative about local attractions in Twain Harte. Dolores kept the place beautifully in order and helped us a great deal with the mountain of laundry that we had acquired during our two weeks travelling around Northern California.
The breakfasts were generous and set us up for the whole day. This B&B seemed to attract clientele that were pleasant and gregarious and we met some interesting guests especially at the regular evening wine tasting event as well as our extended breakfasts.

Although not as close to Yosemite NP as we had hoped, the drive to it was a great pleasure.

One hint; the McCaffrey House was difficult to find in the dark after a long journey and would have benefited from the sign being illuminated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review of our inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our guests. We are fortunate to have such wonderful people stay with us. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
LutzFlorida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at McCaffrey House over a weekend in May 2013. I was booked in there by friends from the Tuolumne City Memorial Museums, and it was a wnderful experience.The house is lovely, beautifully and interestingly decorated. Our bedroom, the Sage, was totally comfortable, the breakfasts were full of tastey delights. So what was the possible problem? The steps. There are eight steps from the parkling area down to the level of the front door. There are more steps inside down to the level of the Sage Room. There is an outside way from the Sage room to go up without steps,but it is a very steep climb. I am 83 years old, in good health but with two OLD knees, and I had a bit of a problem with the steps. I could not have managed alone, or with my husband, who is similarly aged and semi-handicapped. Fortunately I travelled with my grandson's mother, 30 years younger, and very fit, who was able to help me with my suitcase on the steps, and the bannisters were strong enough to help me haul myself up, and down. I loved every bit of our stay there, and would not have missed it for the world, but I feel that folks with limited mobility should know about all the ups and downs. Never the less, I'd stay there again if I ever go back to the Sierras. But I couldn't take my husband; he would not enjoy the super friendly dogs. Some people are like that!

Room Tip: I think I already did.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad you loved your stay and thank you for writing such a nice review about our inn. We do have stairs and are always happy to help with luggage. Glad you liked our dogs - they are most friendly. We enjoyed reading your book and have shared it with guests who are also enjoying it.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Can't go wrong with this B&B. Mike and Stephanie make you feel like your at home. The breakfasts are to die for...Stephanie made my favorite, bread pudding WOW! I have shared her recipes with many of my friends and clients. Everyone we refer to this B&B comes back with the same awesome comments....great hospitality, very clean, delicious food and love the dogs.! We/ve been visiting them for the past 10 years and they are consistently the best!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our inn.

Been to McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!