“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jamboree/Barranca
Laurel, Maryland
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a set menu dinner hear for a business function, and was very impressed with the quality of the cooking. All the entrees looked excellent, and the one that I ordered, slow-braised angus short ribs, was just right, with tender, moist meat falling off the bones (actually, it had already fallen off the bones, since it was served boneless). Came with a nice zinfandel sauce and couscous with asparagus. Nice dessert with fresh berries. The pre-selected wines were also very nice, though it was a shame not to be able to order at will from their very extensive and reasonably priced wine list.
Next time in Irvine, I'll be sure to make this a required stop.

Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“Excellent lunchtime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Met friends at The Winery for lunch. Very attentive service starting right as we entered. All four entrees were excellent (burger, sea bass, ahi tuna salad, and "Vegetable Tower"). Bottle of wine was probably $5 or $7 more than it should have been @$32, as has been commented in earlier reviews. During the meal, I began to think the service was slow, but then I realized that our server was not delivering our entrees because one person in our group was so busy talking that he wasn't finishing his soup! Once she checked with us and verified that we were "ready", the entrees appeared instantly. What I thought was slow service was actually service that was closely timed to our table's pace! Certainly not an inexpensive place, but we sure enjoyed our meal, and I certainly would return in the future.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Best of the OC and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Winery is unmatched because of the atmosphere delivered by the team of partners. The food, serviced and atmosphere are unmatched anywhere that I have been.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cooper City, Florida
“Enjoyed the wild game on their menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I should first give them credit for service. We had a business dinner for 7 people and the reservation was accidentally made for the wrong night. They accomodated us with only a few minute wait. Service all evening was excellent.

They have a diverse menu but what I enjoyed the most was a few items in both appetizers and entrees that were game. I had the Venison chop and it was done very well. Others at my table had the sea bass and were pleased with it also. As you would expect from the name there is a good wine list. We passed on desert.

The atmosphere was vibrant but not so much that you couldn't carry on a conversation. Pricing was a bit high but the food quality and service made it worth the money.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aliso Viejo, California
“Anniversary Dinner Fine Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Winery provided another fabulous dinner for my husband and I for our anniversary dinner last month. The customer service here is top notch. We were warmly greeted and wished a Happy Anniversary. I advised them of the occasion with our reservation. We were seated promptly. Our wait staff was friendly, professional and knowledgable about the menu and the wine. The manager stopped by our table twice to greet us and check on how dinner was going. They always have a lovely selection of beef, pork, chicken, and seafood but they also rotate some unusual game like buffalo and elk into the menu. The food is always decadent and has a beautiful presentation. The wine list offers is lengthy and varied. This is a pricey restaurant so we reserve visits for special occasions. It is definitely some place you can feel confident taking someone that you want to impress.

• Visited December 2012