“You can get a very good basic blond there” 4 of 5 stars

714-258-0333
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
JT Schmid's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 256 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barranca and Jamboree
Graz, Austria
“You can get a very good basic blond there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

- The basic blond was very good
- Good location and service!
- The burger was good but not great - more a eyecatcher than a great burger

Visited June 2013

Kissimmee, Florida
“Food was tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great atmosphere. The food was very tasty and portions were great. Jalapeño Mac and cheese was a great selection if you like spicy. Ordered a cocktail and unfortunately there was a lot more chaser than alcohol in my drink and not worth $9.50
There is an outside area that I wish more restaurants offered. It had a fire pit with a flat screen right above with high bar seats. Would return for another tasty meal.

Visited June 2013
Irvine, California
“Ambience Better than the Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Finally made it to this restaurant and was looking forward to dinner with a friend who was visiting from out of town. I ordered the ribeye with mixed vegetables, and a dinner salad to start, while my friend opted for the pastrami reuben with sweet potato fries. The atmosphere was really nice, and our server was polite and professional. Unfortunately, the food missed the mark for me. The dinner salad was a bit anemic looking - it was just field greens a couple of tomato wedges. No carrot, no cucumber, no onion, no cabbage. Just lettuce and tomato. I ordered the steak medium, and while it was pink in the center, it was dry. My dinner came with two side dishes, and I ordered a double portion of the veggies, but my portion was anything but doubled. My friend seemed to enjoy her sandwich and fries, and they looked good, so perhaps the sandwiches are the way to go here. Overall, it seems the restaurant is geared more for groups who want to party and drink, and don't care so much about the food, or are only interested in casual fare/appetizers.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mission Viejo, California
“great happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been to JT Schmid after work to relax and hang out with my co-workers. The appetizers are a great deal and the beer, pretty good. Had attended a going away reception a few weeks ago and the wings and poke looked so good. Out on the patio, cool weather with some friends - nothing beats that.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
US
“We really enjoyed our food--and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We walked the 2 miles from the Embassy Suites hotel down to "The District" Mall looking for a place to eat. After walking around in the area, we felt this looked like the best bet for the money. You can check out their menu on the sidewalk. It is very spacious. We had a couple of really good sandwiches. I had the chicken sandwich with a green salad side order. My wife had a reuban with a side order of fries. The sandwiches were both very generous. The waiter did a great job of keeping our tea glasses filled. They also had a nice bar area. Seemed to be a popularf bar. We were glad we chose this restaurant. The food was filling and the prices were decent. If you ever happen to be in this mall, you should stop in at JT Schmid's for a meal.

• Visited December 2012