“The best. Like it spicy? - this is the place to get what you ordered.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guru Palace

(714) 832-9988
Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 232 Restaurants in Tustin
Irvine
“The best. Like it spicy? - this is the place to get what you ordered.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

I have been going to this place for years - and have even ordered their catering at parties. It's a hole-in-the wall with the best indian food I've had outside of northern India. I'm a big fan of spicy - and this is one of the few places that makes it as requested - without loosing the base flavors. The nan is perfect. Chickens and lamb excellent (my favorite is chicken tikka masala - extra spicy). All the lamb dishes are great. The lunch buffet is also great value. I'm not a vegitarian but there is plenty for them as well. You can order anything non-spice - for the wimps out there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

RSM, CA
“I beg to differ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

COME ON! I ate there Friday on your reccomendation and was totally under whelmed. I've eaten chicken tika masala at a lot of places and I know the Guru Palaces was BLAND.
Please try Natraj in Laguna Hills, Dosa Place in Tustin, or Addis in Redondo Beach. I'd rather drive to Redondo than go back to Guru.

Tustin
“Best Indian Food Orange County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is the unquestionable dark horse of Indian restaurants out there. Do not look at this hole-in-the-wall and walk away. The food here is to die for. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala and my girl had the Vegetable Khorma with Garlic Nan. This is, without a doubt, the BEST Indian food around! I am not going to go all out on any restaurant unless it deserves it... and this place really does.I sincerely hope they will be around long enough for me to enjoy their food for a good many more years. You will HATE the atmosphere. The manager/waiter never smiles and is about as hospitable as a doormat. Yes it is as bad as I say, BUT wait until you taste the food (Vegetable Khorma, Fish Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, Rogan Josh... Oh my god). You forget you aren't sitting in a 4 or 5 star restaurant. People... this is about as close as yours truly, a non-indian client, will give two thumbs up to a literal hole-in-the-wall.