“Nice neighborhood eatery” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Nice neighborhood eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our first time at Quinn's, which has a reputation as a friendly neighborhood hang-out. As a staple of Old Town Tustin, it does not disappoint. It is not fine dining, but then again it doesn't pretend to be. The food is good (I recommend the amazing corned beef), and the servers are friendly. A great place for a casual meal with family or close friends.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Santa Ana, California, USA
“Not as good as when John was there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

But the food and atmosphere are still very good. A great Old Town spot to be a regular at. Try the Firecracker Salad or the Sand Dabs. Fried Chicken is good too. Don't forget a glass of Irish beer.

Visited September 2013
Tustin, California
“Great Irish Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I am in love with Tustin Old Town, and we take a detour and enter the town every single time we are passing by and are not in a hurry. This visit was the same. Since it was past lunch time, we decided to lunch at Quinn's.

The seating seems a little cramped, but I did'nt mind since there were not many people, and we were offered the corner seats.

We ordered for tuna melt sandwich (came with fries), hot turkey and coffee. My husband loved the tuna melt, i liked it too, but i've had yummier tuna melt sandwiches, i must say. My hot turkey was excellent with a gravy that was very delicious. I let them know that we loved the gravy and she offered us more, which we readily accepted.

The coffee was awesome and just the way we like it and was offered in a handsome proportion in a typical Irish cup.

After much thought, (had a feeling, we overate as they serve good portions) ordered desset- fresh berry melba... and must say that made my day. My husband who does not usually eat desserts could not stop till he finished.

The service was excellent, ambience great, food perfect. Will go there again for sure.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glendale, California
“Great First Impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My aunt has lived in Tustin for 35 years and I visit her weekly, yet until last Wednesday, we had never eaten at Quinn's Old Town Grill. Quinn's is fantastic and I have no excuse for not having been here sooner!

We arrived around six pm for dinner and found the bar to be absolutely packed. We were seated in the back dining room, which was full when we arrived and completely full be seven. It's a popular place.

Our server was outstanding. In fact, on many levels, Quinn's feels like fine dining. Let me rephrase that, it is fine dining, but in a relaxed/ publike atmosphere. We wore jeans and didn't feel out of place. The service is just top notch with regard to both competence and friendliness. Our drinks were always full too.

My aunt and I shared a filet mignon with a baked potato and glazed carrots on the side. All delicious. The steak came with a choice of sauces and we picked the peppercorn, which brought out the flavor. We started with a spinach side salad. Our entire meal was split on two plates without us asking. They were very cool about us sharing and it was plenty of food.

The menu has so many options, that I can't wait to come back. When we left, my aunt was already making plans to come back on Friday. We really loved out experience.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and local happenings.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“It's How You Finish That Counts!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited Quinn's on a Saturday afternoon. Things started out promising. The building is very cool, old town style with bricks and patio seating. The interior is upscale pub, very clean and inviting. The very friendly hostess asked if we wanted a corner booth and had the table cleaned quickly for us. The bus boys were working hard and water came immediately. Our waitress began very much on task and brought our drinks right away. The IPA was cold and delicious. So, why the low rating? The afternoon collapsed unexpectedly from there. I don't like cheese on anything and that is generally not a problem. I ordered the chicken artichoke soup and half (corned beef) sandwich. I specifically asked about cheese. No cheese on anything the waitress replied. My wife ordered "white" chili soup and half a turkey sandwich. We added fries. They were delicious. My sandwich came back with cheese on it! No chicken or artichoke could be tasted in my soup because the whole cup smelled and tasted like sour cheese. No "white" in my wife's chili soup...like regular chili out of a can. The bread was so stale it fell apart as I removed the melted cheese. Worse, our "on task" waitress disappeared never to check on us to see if all was well. When she finally returned, she gave us an "oh well" look when we told her what we thought of the meal. How about offering a different soup? Another sandwich without cheese? Maybe we hit an off day? Maybe a bad soup day? Maybe the waitress wasn't feeling well? Not returning.

• Visited June 2013