“Good Sunday after church breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Citrus Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 256 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Redhill Ave.
Laguna Beach, California
“Good Sunday after church breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The restaurant is conveniently located near several area churches. It is a good place to go after church but fill up quickly.

Visited August 2014

Tustin, California
“Nice place around the corner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Came here for a board of directors meeting for the organization that I volunteer with. The restaurant is located on the intersection of Edinger and Red Hill, near where the 55 and 5 freeways intersect. The area immediately around is now a little baron, but one look at all of the signs show that there is going to be a lot of development starting to come up really soon.

Walking inside you get a feel of family restaurant meets diner. I'm guessing that another restaurant use to inhabit this building, as when you look at the trims and molding around the ceilings looks out of place when you see the pictures of orange groves on the wall and the red seats with mosaic patterns. Theres a main dining area, and the 'back' room that ca be used for business meetings.

We had a preselected menu, and I had the stuffed chicken. When you first look at it, you have to blink a couple of times to understand what you're having. But one bite and you'll be nodding your head! I caught a glimpse of pasta and ravioli entrees that my cohorts were having, and overall there's consistent quality and pretty good portions. The only thing that was a little confusing was that I couldn't really put a finger on what kind of restaurant it was. Is it Italian? Latin? American fusion? The atmosphere of the restaurant, the food, and even the decor give an ambiguous theme left me a little confused, but that's minor complaint. The food was good, what else do you need to know?

Overall, I was happy with my experience here. Is it somewhere I would specifically go out of my way for? Probably not. However I certainly wouldn't be against coming here, and for a large business group, I might even recommend it!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Costa Mesa, California, United States
“Lunch review: big menu, good food; huuuge salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Citrus Café is where my coworkers and I like to have lunch for good variety and meals that are one notch above the basic sit-down burger/salad/sandwich places. I have also met clients/consultants here to talk business. I would recommend this to anyone looking for decent lunch fare and tables that allow one to spread out a little. [Note: I have never been here for dinner]

Most recently, my friend and I each ordered a salad: mine was Salmon; hers was Greek (veggie only). These salads are absolutely huge, and I never fail to get two meals out of one every time. I like the preparation, and I will continue to order lunch salads in the future. Very tasty. Price range for full salad = $10 - $16 (five bucks for the little garden salad).

The sandwich menu is extensive: almost a dozen choices, ranging from $10 - $12. The burger menu is a little weak, with only four choices, at a somewhat pricey $7 - $12.

Three pizza choices: $10 - $12. Three flatbread choices: $8 - $9.

The interior is fairly homey, good sized and with both tables and booths. There’s plenty of parking in the shared lot with the nearby office building. Each of the two closest driveways has right-turn-in/out access only, so keep that in mind as you’re approaching the corner of Edinger and Red Hill Avenues.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Bend, Indiana, United States
“Good place for comfort food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The Asian salad is more than any person could eat in one sitting and very tasty. Very conveniently located near the Fairfield Inn and Suites.

Visited June 2014
Murrieta
“Casual, nice sit down restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I noticed that the sign outside looked similar to another restaurant I like, the Citrus City Grille in Corona. I was traveling in this area, so decided to try it. The waiter said the restaurants used to be owned by the same people, but are not any longer.

I had scallops and pasta - it was excellent! The scallops were done just right -- not overcooked and rubbery. The service was attentive. The restaurant was clean. Wine and beer is served.

This restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's located about a mile from Marriott's new Fairfield Inn.

I'll be back.