“Convenient to everything- friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Turlock
Reno, NV
“Convenient to everything- friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

We have stayed here many times in all seasons. The front desk staff has been friendly and helpful. We got in late one night and they unlocked the pool so we could use the hot tub. The pool was warm in November. We ALWAYS request the "quiet" side of the motel as it is right next to the freeway. It is close to shopping malls.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
N. Calif
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Whatever you do, don't stay on the freeway side of this hotel. Awful noise. Also, make sure you ask for a room with a functional key! Many of the doors were extremely difficult to open due to some kind of malfunction of the magnetic lock or something. I had to try 3 different rooms. It was a big hassle.

The pool was freezing cold and very small. I had even told hotel front desk I was going swimming and no one breathed a word about the lack of heat.

Bed was better than average.
There are better hotels in Turlock but I needed one that accepted pets.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Turlock hotels

Arcata, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

The motel is clean and pretty much generic in its decor and feel. Equipment and services were basic and worked fine (including the air conditioner, thank God!). In spite of being right next to the freeway, our room was quiet. The scenery? The motel is on a lot next to the freeway with pretty much empty dirt lots all around. Don't go for the scenery.

Our stay was, in short, problem free, all was just as expected, and it was a good value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Fresno, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

I made a reservation for two nights in an available Suite at the posted internet price at their own website. When i arrived, i was given a different suite and charged the same as booked. The toilet overflowed in the first room we were given and when the inquiry was made at the front desk for maintenance, we were told to come downstairs and get a plunger and fix the problem ourselves. I told them that was unacceptable to me and the moved me to another identical room on the opposite side of the building. Facing the highway and the west-setting sun. By evening we realized the Air Conditioner wasn't cooling the room, and I called the front desk. They informed me the maintenance guy had already gone home and I'd have to wait until the next day. It was over 95 degrees outside. Next day, no maintenance man so I called the front desk about 3:45. They said they're sorry, but the man goes home at 4:00pm and wouldn't have time to fix it that day. I was offered another room, no Suites available. I turned down the offer of a smaller room, since it would mean packing everything up AGAIN and moving to another room AGAIN. Upon check out the next day, I inquired about an adjustment to my rate, since I did not receive satisfactory service. I was denied, and found out a few days later the hotel charged me TWICE for the room. Took almost 2 weeks to get the refund for the over-charge, but did not receive any adjustment for my original charges. Manager refused to take my phone calls. Front desk help refused to put my calls through to the manager. I also had a friend and her kids stop by and knocked on my room. I was not there at the time, I was down at the vending machines getting ice & soda. The Maid let the people into my room without checking who they were or contacting me in any way.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

An average motel for the price and generally clean although the bedspread looked a bit questionable. We were on the side away from the freeway, but given the freeway's relative proximity it was fairly quiet. I got up at night to turn off the fan , but in the dark mistakenly turned the heat on low. After only a minute or two the fire alarm went off and the room was filled with an awful stench. Far beyond a typical dusty heater. I informed front desk in a friendly manner, but she din't seem particularly interested and I did not see her write the room number (#215 ) down.
Decent continential breakfast with hot eggs and sausage, manned by friendly helpful staff

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — AC/heater
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san jose, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

I recommend skipping this motel despite some good qualities. Unfortunately, the beds are terrible. Very cheap serta mattresses with few intersprings and the box frame is worse. In addition their key system needs much improvement. Most guests struggle to get there rooms open and then just leave the door open to make life easier. Also the air conditioning does not work very well for a location in the hot central valley. On the plus side all the staff is friendly and very helpful.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Turlock does not have very many hotel options. This Best Western is reasonably good. The room was clean. The service was friendly (I needed to print a document, and the hotel desk clerk did it for me). The breakfast was quite good (a Best Western employee made me a fresh hot waffle). There's no fitness center, and it was too cold to use the pool. The wireless internet access worked well.

In general, it's a decent place to stay if you are in Turlock.

• Liked — friendly service, good breakfast, good internet access
  • Disliked — no fitness center
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!