“Older motel needs some renovation. We stay cause its close...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Turlock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Concord, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a disgusting hotel nasty rooms, drug deals right in front of us and blood stains on the sheets. We called the Police, the Health Department and Better Business. We called the parent company as well Wyndham and they didn't seem to care. The owner would not give us our money back until we informed them we had pictures at which point all of our money was given back. This was for a Girls softball Tournament and kids should never stay here there is much more than just drug deals going on at this hotel and the City needs to shut it down. Please read the other reviews the 5 star reviews are paid reviews trust me. I stayed at Travel Lodge as a Kid and they were nice there are other great places to stay in Turlock and they will have great reviews. We know because we had to pack up and move to one that had rooms for the team.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jasmine S, Manager at Travelodge Turlock, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are trying to provide our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and or, spoken with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. Our property is under new management, & we are under renovation therefore no review is paid for.If you come back to our hotel,I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
brentwood, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

First room had a rat and rat droppings. Another room had over 12 flies in it. The bed and pillows were comfortable, but it wasn't quiet and felt dirty. It obviously was a smoking room before that is now deemed "non-smoking."

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 209-668-3400
Turlock, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

So while I see a large number of bad reviews I also see a number of positive ones. I am guessing that the negative people had a bad experience because they were expecting one. Let me tell you this, I have stayed in Suites that cost $150 or more on night and had a bad experience. I believe that you can have a bad experience on many levels but the way in which that problem is dealt with by staff is what makes the difference and that is what the staff at the travellodge are great at, Customer Service.

I willl not name names bcasue they are all so wonderful and helpful anytime day or night and i will say that from the guest service staff, housekeepers, maintenance and so on everyone is 100% ready willing and able to address any need should there be one.

I see alot of reviews poor ones on the condition of the rooms. I gained some insight into that during a recent stay at the property. While enjoying the hotels complimentary Bear Bites Breakfast i got a chance to talk to the property General Manager Jasmine. i was telling her ii really liked the room i had during this past stay, she thanked me and told me that all the rooms a few at a tim are undergoing complete renovations. and eventually they will all look like #119 (see Pics) Jasmine is a real visionary when it comes to change and how to make her ideas come to life. she is easy to talk to and freindly. if you stay here and have the time take a minute and say hello.

now the overall property has had a turnaround for the better as compared to years past. Ive been staying at this hotel for over 15 years its gone through different owners, managers, and the like. none of which were as pleasant or egaar to help as Jasmine and her staff now there is always going to be a certain element when you have a bar right next door and a restaurant that is open 24 hours. if you allow youself to think negativly about what you see then that is what you are going to get. give the place a chance it is so so much better than even just a couple yeaars ago. REMEMBER CHANGE TAKES TIME AND CHANGE IS GOOD. Happy travels.

The pictures below are of a completely remodeled room which is what all the rooms here will look like in time. PICTURES WILL NOT UPLOAD I WILL ADD THEM LATER

Room Tip: buildings 1 and 2 best for wifi signal and my preffered room as of today are 105,119,120,127, 128