“It smelled like mildew, it was noisy and there was a cockroach inthe bathroom.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Turlock

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Turlock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was looking for a decent, value priced, motel to sleep in during a recent road trip and used hotwire to find this place. I recognized the brand and thought that it would be fine. Unfortunately it was not. Upon entering the room I was confronted by the unpleasant smell; as I tried to settle into my sleep, around 10 pm, the noise from people in the parking lot and frequent truck traffic nearby made sleep difficult and woke me up several times. I've stated at other places near busy roads and have not heard nearly as much noise. It's an older place and must have poor sound proofing. Finally, when I went into the bathroom in the morning, there was a cockroach there to greet me. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I had truck problems and had to pull over and stay in turlock for the night. We also needed a place that takes dogs (we have a 60lb boxer). $55 and breakfast (nothin fancy - coffee, cereal) got us a clean 2 queen bed room. It's a motel with outside doors which no one loves, but this was a life saver for us. We've stayed at everything from campgrounds to 5 star resorts and this was just what we needed for one night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here during a family wedding and was adequate for what we needed it to be.

we didnt expect luxury, we knew we'd be slumming it for the few days while we were there.

good value for money, and having the added benfit of going into a choice of 6 rooms as they were occupied by family. But the range of available rooms could not give us a comfortable bed as they were all uncomfortable.
Residents were friendly enough, and shared their many eccentricities. All a good bunch!
the pool was full of dead insects but being from U.K. This was still a bonus to have pool and Sun!!

No real breakfast was provided, but it didnt matter. We were too hung over to wake for it anyway. There was a decent place to eat about 5mins walk away.

Would have liked the place if there was a gym.

All in all, it was an experience

• Stayed October 2011
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Complete nightmare. The room was heated by a space heater (see picture). There was a hole in the sheet. The room hasn't been updated since like the 80's. Trust me, don't do it. Read my other reviews if you want to check my reliability.

• Stayed February 2012
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We needed a quick in-and-out room for the night. I got a cheap price online and got what we paid for. Clean sheets, hot water, ok service, peeling wallpapers, no internet connection -we were told that it comes and goes and are better closer to the reception, which we weren't to far away from to start with.. No noise that bothered us except for a freight truck starting up early and someone left it in idle in the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Turlock, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I have to think that the other people who reviewed this hotel and thought it was ok mistakenly wrote their reviews for the wrong hotel. I just can't believe that anyone thought this was acceptable. We had two rooms, and they were equally terrible. Here's a list of the many, many reasons you should NEVER stay here, in no particular order of yuckiness.

1. Cockroaches. More than one, in both rooms.
2. Bloodstains on the sheets on one bed. Clearly accidents are going to happen on occasion, but you can't get the stains out, throw away the sheets.
3. Hot water didn't work in one of the bathroom sinks.
4. Thermostat was inconsistent- came on ramdomly regardless of temperature or occupant wishes.
5. Furniture appeared to be gnawed on. Yes, I mean that it looked as though somoene had chewed on the corners of the furniture until they were frayed and nubby. Yum, laminate!
6. Cracks in the shower stall liner and the wall surrounding the shower stall. Like someone punched it and they just didn't bother to repair it.
7. Both bathrooms smelled like pee.
8. Towels were hand-towel sized and so stiff and rough they hurt.
9. Rooms did not appear to have been vaccuumed.

That's all I can remember... I'm going to be actively blocking this experience out of my memory as quickly as possible, and I highly recommend you avoid it all together.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Like I said it was a good inexpensive room with free wifi and friendly people

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Turlock? Share your experiences!