“Nice choice for Turlock” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Turlock
Livermore, California
“Nice choice for Turlock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise for Turlock, CA. The one bedroom suites are very large and really well updated. There is a rather large kitchen (large for a hote), a very nice sized bathroom (also updated), a large bedroom, and nice sized sitting area. Everything appears to be clean and in order. My only complaint is the couch in my room is very worn and stained (time for a new one for sure). Also, I think it is for environmental reasons, but they obviously do not use bleach as all my towels have an off-white color to them.

All in all probably the best choice in Turlock if you are staying a long time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are pleased that your stay was pleasant and above expectation. We will keep moving forward in offering our guest a clean and presentable place to stay. We will also look into the situation with the couch. Thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our first experience at staying at a Candlewood Suites, but it was very pleasant. The room was spacious, and very clean. Breakfast is not provided but that was not a problem, as several fast food restaurants are near. We especially appreciated being able to catch up on our laundry, as we had been traveling for a couple of weeks. We got a discount at the restaurant next door, and had a great dinner. Would recommend this motel if you are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are pleased to hear that your stay with us met your expectations. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Turlock.
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Walking in no body at the desk. After a while a front desk clerk came to check me in. She didn't ask me what I was waiting for I told her if she had any rooms,that's rude for a place like this . The rate was ok . The room was nice but smell was out of this world . Please let me know how u could sleep through that Oder .

Room Tip: Your guess is good as mine
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cws S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Kathy L,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and sincerely apologize for your experience. We will take the corrective actions to insure situations like this do not occur in the future. We hope that you give us the opportunity to make it up to you when your travels bring you back to Turlock, CA.

Kind Regards.

Wannetta Carter
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I take my hat off to the young lady who went out of her way to make my stay the the way I like, not to just show me they care but going above and beyond to make the stay like home . I usually stay at the xpress but gave this great hotel a try , I will be back ! Thanks Nisha and rose you girls made my stay wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We are pleased to hear that your stay exceed your expectaion. Everyone at Candlewood works hard toward making sure each of our guest enjoys their stay. We thank you for the kind words and hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First time stay at a Candlewood property. Pleasant, clean long term stay hotel. It's a bit on the expensive side for Turlock but all rooms come with a kitchen (nice but no oven).
Rooms are quiet between floors but the walls separating rooms are a little thin. I was surprised to learn that the rooms are cleaned once a week but fresh towels are available. Bed was comfortable.
The best thing about this property is the quality of the front desk staff. Everyone was pleasant. I don't remember everyone's name but Geoff, Ravi, Peter and Grace were great... Kudos to the other front desk staffers.
I especially liked the fact that there were no big groups of kids!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cws S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Turlock.
Fresno, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for two months. My experience there was not pleasant at all. First off, the hotel luggage carts are broken making it difficult to transfer your luggage into your hotel room ESPECIALLY if your room is on the third floor. Then you have have to walk through the hallways filled with rotten smells of who knows what. Since you do not get service you also walk by towels and trash bags that people leave outside their doors. Then when you finally get into your room you decide to cook a meal and relax but unfortunately you cannot due to the loud awkward noises coming from the thin walls. Then when you are ready ready to put your dishes in the dishwasher to wash them you can't because the hotel has ran out of dishwasher soap for three days. Then when you finally do decide to go to bed you the bed sheets smell dirty and are itchy. I never received service and my room became dusty and gross. I would only go into my room to sleep. I would leave around 9 am and come back around 8 pm. If you are expecting service, forget it... you have to ask and that is if they even have it in stock.

After I checked out, I checked my bank account and I found an outrageous fee of $2oo for supposedly smoking in the bedroom. I am a smoker and so is my boyfriend, who came to visit twice, but we never smoked inside the room. My boyfriend has the tendency of placing cigarette butts into his pocket when there are no cigarette dispensers outside, once he comes back inside he throws them into the trashcan. I spoke to a the receptionist over the phone and was not understanding at all and would not allow me to speak to the hotel manager by claiming that there was none on duty. How is a hotel able to run with a manager? That explains why there is such horrible service there. I have yet to speak to manager, so that I can be refunded back.

Room Tip: I would suggest the Fairfield Inn on Hotel Drive. Not only are the rooms modern, nice, and clean, bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Celi M,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Turlock, CA.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Room looked nice, but bed was loud and no room service. I went to the front desk Three Different Times to get new washcloths - the first time they took the two I used (and only two that were in the room) and came back with hand towels because they were out of clean washcloths. The other two times they were Still out of clean washcloths. Try washing with a wet hand towel!! Grrrr. For the price of this place I could have stayed at a Marriott and had room device And clean washcloths. I'll never stay at a Candlewood again.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear SNE1217,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy that you found our room accommodations nice enough. I deeply regret the inconvenience you may have experienced due to the service received. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We will definitely use your comments to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Turlock? Share your experiences!