“very bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Tulare, California, United States
“very bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

this is a bad place to stay very rude staff and rooms are small and no fridges. we stayed a night and tryed to get pay for another room and they said no and people where in pool that where not registered so we complaned and they did nothing

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Corning, Calif.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this motel 6 was on our return home trip, it was not busy at all, the room was clean,
and we got a downstairs, front property room like we requested.
it was the nicest motel 6 in the past 3 nights we stayed at, the clerk was friendly, and acomodating. easy off and on the freeway.
it was not a scary place to stay, we felt safe compared to chula vista, calif motel 6, where security was everywhere there, and needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Worst tv since the 90's. Small room. This place is not good. The sheets appeared clean but were not soft. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. This is probably the worst place I would ever stay. Acceptable if you are poor and exhausted.

• Stayed September 2012
Burney, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am a truck driver and I tried to stay here. No sooner had I gotten to sleep, ring ring! Wanted me to move my truck. Truck was right where day manager put me. Night manager very rude! Went back to sleep. Bang bang bang! Manager called cops. I suppose if you want to stay at a motel where you want to be treated like second-class citizens, and you don't plan on getting any rest, you might consider this motel. I have to say, my truck was cleaner than the room I was given. The room smelled, and there was hair in the shower. Don't waste your time or your money. Tom Bodet obviously never stayed here in lil' Tijuana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times over the past five years and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. They are pet friendly and do not charge extra for my dog. This is a basic budget hotel without all the extras you get at more expensive hotels. I don't think I have ever paid more than 40 or 50 dollars for a room and that is about as cheap as you can get.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

I don't suggest coming here. The rooms are small, dingy, and dirty. To top it off they had bed bugs! I woke up from our first night there with a a long line of bed bug bites on my chest so we transferred rooms. I woke up the second night with the same thing. Its horrific. My skin is super itchy and I am beyond grossed out. Save your money....

• Stayed January 2011
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

It's a motel 6. It was cheap, clean, and I had no problems at all during my stay. The rooms were better than the avg motel 6, and noise was not an issue at all. It was a convenient jump off point to Sequoia / King's Canyon. There were plenty of services in the area, and the motel is right off 99, the major highway.

I would definitely go back again, and actually did when I didn't feel like driving further south on my last day.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Tulare? Share your experiences!