“this was the best motel 6 in the past 3 nights we've stayed at.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Tulare
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1111 North Blackstone Drive, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Corning, Calif.
“this was the best motel 6 in the past 3 nights we've stayed at.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this motel 6 was on our return home trip, it was not busy at all, the room was clean,
and we got a downstairs, front property room like we requested.
it was the nicest motel 6 in the past 3 nights we stayed at, the clerk was friendly, and acomodating. easy off and on the freeway.
it was not a scary place to stay, we felt safe compared to chula vista, calif motel 6, where security was everywhere there, and needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Worst tv since the 90's. Small room. This place is not good. The sheets appeared clean but were not soft. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. This is probably the worst place I would ever stay. Acceptable if you are poor and exhausted.

• Stayed September 2012
Burney, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am a truck driver and I tried to stay here. No sooner had I gotten to sleep, ring ring! Wanted me to move my truck. Truck was right where day manager put me. Night manager very rude! Went back to sleep. Bang bang bang! Manager called cops. I suppose if you want to stay at a motel where you want to be treated like second-class citizens, and you don't plan on getting any rest, you might consider this motel. I have to say, my truck was cleaner than the room I was given. The room smelled, and there was hair in the shower. Don't waste your time or your money. Tom Bodet obviously never stayed here in lil' Tijuana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times over the past five years and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. They are pet friendly and do not charge extra for my dog. This is a basic budget hotel without all the extras you get at more expensive hotels. I don't think I have ever paid more than 40 or 50 dollars for a room and that is about as cheap as you can get.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011 via mobile

I don't suggest coming here. The rooms are small, dingy, and dirty. To top it off they had bed bugs! I woke up from our first night there with a a long line of bed bug bites on my chest so we transferred rooms. I woke up the second night with the same thing. Its horrific. My skin is super itchy and I am beyond grossed out. Save your money....

• Stayed January 2011
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

It's a motel 6. It was cheap, clean, and I had no problems at all during my stay. The rooms were better than the avg motel 6, and noise was not an issue at all. It was a convenient jump off point to Sequoia / King's Canyon. There were plenty of services in the area, and the motel is right off 99, the major highway.

I would definitely go back again, and actually did when I didn't feel like driving further south on my last day.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redlands, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

This was a good deal for one night ($46 for 2 adults). We were on a roadtrip and had planned on stopping halfway. This was a good deal and the room was clean. Not somewhere you want to hang out, but good if you're on your way somewhere else! We checked in late at night, and had no problems. I would recommend asking for extra towels when you check in, the towels in the room are pretty small. The motel is right off Highway 99, and about a block from Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and Washington Mutual; a very convenient location.

• Liked — The price and location, and it was clean.
  • Disliked — It's the bare basics, and the room smelled like smoke, even though it was non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Tulare? Share your experiences!