“Poor” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Chicago, Illinois
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Worst tv since the 90's. Small room. This place is not good. The sheets appeared clean but were not soft. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. This is probably the worst place I would ever stay. Acceptable if you are poor and exhausted.

• Stayed September 2012

Burney, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am a truck driver and I tried to stay here. No sooner had I gotten to sleep, ring ring! Wanted me to move my truck. Truck was right where day manager put me. Night manager very rude! Went back to sleep. Bang bang bang! Manager called cops. I suppose if you want to stay at a motel where you want to be treated like second-class citizens, and you don't plan on getting any rest, you might consider this motel. I have to say, my truck was cleaner than the room I was given. The room smelled, and there was hair in the shower. Don't waste your time or your money. Tom Bodet obviously never stayed here in lil' Tijuana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Tulare hotels

Newcastle, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times over the past five years and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. They are pet friendly and do not charge extra for my dog. This is a basic budget hotel without all the extras you get at more expensive hotels. I don't think I have ever paid more than 40 or 50 dollars for a room and that is about as cheap as you can get.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I don't suggest coming here. The rooms are small, dingy, and dirty. To top it off they had bed bugs! I woke up from our first night there with a a long line of bed bug bites on my chest so we transferred rooms. I woke up the second night with the same thing. Its horrific. My skin is super itchy and I am beyond grossed out. Save your money....

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank nicolie99
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

It's a motel 6. It was cheap, clean, and I had no problems at all during my stay. The rooms were better than the avg motel 6, and noise was not an issue at all. It was a convenient jump off point to Sequoia / King's Canyon. There were plenty of services in the area, and the motel is right off 99, the major highway.

I would definitely go back again, and actually did when I didn't feel like driving further south on my last day.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Redlands, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

This was a good deal for one night ($46 for 2 adults). We were on a roadtrip and had planned on stopping halfway. This was a good deal and the room was clean. Not somewhere you want to hang out, but good if you're on your way somewhere else! We checked in late at night, and had no problems. I would recommend asking for extra towels when you check in, the towels in the room are pretty small. The motel is right off Highway 99, and about a block from Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and Washington Mutual; a very convenient location.

• Liked — The price and location, and it was clean.
  • Disliked — It's the bare basics, and the room smelled like smoke, even though it was non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
southern california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

this was the worst motel 6 I have ever went to, the room was so small that only one can pass at a timejust to get on the other bed. it was okay at first until me and my spouse went to sleep and both had to get up just for either of us to use the bathroom.what was the worst part was that in the morning I went and took a shower I found no courtsey shampoo, one towel each, hardly no water pressure , then I noticed the very worst part of it all a zillion ants so I got out of the shower and one of the beds (the one our clothes were laid out on was covered in ants even my underwear. so my spouse tells them at the office and all he gets is thanks for letting us know! so I went up there after shaking my clothes out so I could wear them, and said to the lady desk clerk ya know there are ants all over that room she said your husband told me I said well thats gross they were in my panties even my hairbrush she said okay and kind of chuckled I said thats a bunch of crap ya know you guys need pest control and I am not thrilled I cant even use my brush on my hair. The lady did not even say I am sorry for the inconviennce so I will not go to any motel 6 ever again. not even common courtsey from that woman. I have had some pretty bad rooms before even nasty dirty rooms but all I do is say something to the clerk and they change my room or offer a comp. but that was a bit much to ask the woman in tulare she was too busy sitting on her butt doing nothing and gettin paid wish we all could get that knda work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2006
2 Thank flygirl07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
#5 of 13 in Tulare
4.5 of 5 stars 169 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare

Been to Motel 6 Tulare? Share your experiences!