“Five stars, with asterisks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
“Five stars, with asterisks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Apparently we got the benefit of a really serious recent remodel, because this place, in almost every respect, looked like it had been opened a week before. As everyone else has noted, the rooms are huge, all the toys in the room are fresh, and the price for my wife and myself was well under a hundred dollars, tax included.

The asterisks:
First, one of the reasons it looks new is because there's no landscaping of any kind, except for that little patch of green in front you see on Google Earth. Otherwise, it sits in a sterile sheet of blacktop that goes on forever in every direction. No big deal, b it IS right on 99.
Second, at check in the young(ish) woman at the desk had to finish one conversation with someone in the office to her left before she even looked at me, and when I filled out the registration, had to finish a second conversation with someone else before she got back to me. Then she hammered on the mistake I was making by not taking advantage of the discount she wanted to give me on drinks at the bar (in the mornings, the breakfast area). Unpleasant, at best.
Third, this place gets a LOT of work-crew traffic. Actually, that's usually a good sign, because 90% of these guys seem to want to go to bed early, get up early, and leave quickly. Here, there was a lot of hanging out in doorways and having a smoke.
Still, a lot of nice motel for the money, and, let's face it, if you're in Tulare overnight you need something to cheer you up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Loved this Best Western, great Breakfast, great beds, good matrasses, clean and nice bath rooms. Receptionist was a bit slow at check in, but I was on vacation - I had time. I recommend this BW for a short period of time like business trips, one or two nights. I will come back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We were warmly greeted at check-in after a 9 hour ride from Las Vegas. We had requested ground floor accommodations that they filled and made sure that we were able to park the bikes outside the room. We relaxed in the lounge were we had a fun time with a great bartender. After a good nights sleep we had a good breakfast and we were off to sequoia National Park and our next stop. Would stay there again if back in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Rooms are spacious and clean (although I did have to switch from my first room, which smelled of cigarettes). Was given buy-1-get-1 drink tickets for the lounge at check-in, and so we checked out the bar which was dead on a Thur night at 9pm. We were able to take our drinks by the pool, which I actually felt was a bit too cool, as well as the jacuzzi, so we didn't stay long. Went back to use our other drink coupon and it was locked because they closed 4 min early. That was a disappointment. The room was ok overall, with a microwave and minifridge in each. Bed was a little firm for my comfort and I didn't sleep very well. Internet was fast and reliable. Breakfast selections were good and I especially enjoyed the waffles, although sometimes the dining area gets very crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tony C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback because it helps us to improve our quality and service. We’re glad your overall stay was a good value despite the issues encountered. We sincerely apologize, and have used your feedback as an opportunity to implement the necessary changes to provide better service and quality in the future. If you’re ever in our area, we hope that you’ll consider us again.
Medford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Clean, well maintained, good breakfast, nice lounge area, easy access to freeway, and a great staff. Rooms decors are up to date. Pool area is sufficient. I will definitely stay here whenever I'm in town.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! The team is thrilled that you encountered our hotel to be a great place to stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
ellicott city, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this Best Western Hotel for two nights while visiting the Sequoia National Park. Perhaps the only Cons I could say about this hotel is the lack of an elevator for accessing the rooms on the 2nd floor. Nevertheless the stairways do not feel steep at all; I and my family had no problem walking up to the 2nd floor with our heavy luggage. Besides that, I can say this Best Western Hotel is as good as many of the 5-star hotels. It is conveniently located right by the CA Rt 99. The room was quite and spacious; fresh and super clean. It's even got a refrigerator and a microwave oven in the room. Their breakfast was delicious and plenty. Then the ladies in the breakfast area and on the front desk were kind and sincere. I will recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Sequoia National Park and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. Your kind words affirm what we try to accomplish with each guest’s stay, and that is, to offer the best value. We're humbled that you consider our hotel to be mentioned among 5-star quality hotels, even though we don't offer an elevator. Although an elevator is not available, we try to make up for that by offering other amenities that are important to our guests which you were kind to highlight in your review. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Livermore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

From the time we checked in to the time we left our experience was great.. Everyone is friendly and helpful.. I would stay here again in a min.. Actually I booked my room already for next month. Thank you Terry and staff for taking good care of us...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 14 in Visalia
4.5 of 5 stars 487 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!