“Decent, Good Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California, United States
“Decent, Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Rooms are spacious and clean (although I did have to switch from my first room, which smelled of cigarettes). Was given buy-1-get-1 drink tickets for the lounge at check-in, and so we checked out the bar which was dead on a Thur night at 9pm. We were able to take our drinks by the pool, which I actually felt was a bit too cool, as well as the jacuzzi, so we didn't stay long. Went back to use our other drink coupon and it was locked because they closed 4 min early. That was a disappointment. The room was ok overall, with a microwave and minifridge in each. Bed was a little firm for my comfort and I didn't sleep very well. Internet was fast and reliable. Breakfast selections were good and I especially enjoyed the waffles, although sometimes the dining area gets very crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tony C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback because it helps us to improve our quality and service. We’re glad your overall stay was a good value despite the issues encountered. We sincerely apologize, and have used your feedback as an opportunity to implement the necessary changes to provide better service and quality in the future. If you’re ever in our area, we hope that you’ll consider us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Medford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Clean, well maintained, good breakfast, nice lounge area, easy access to freeway, and a great staff. Rooms decors are up to date. Pool area is sufficient. I will definitely stay here whenever I'm in town.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! The team is thrilled that you encountered our hotel to be a great place to stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
ellicott city, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed at this Best Western Hotel for two nights while visiting the Sequoia National Park. Perhaps the only Cons I could say about this hotel is the lack of an elevator for accessing the rooms on the 2nd floor. Nevertheless the stairways do not feel steep at all; I and my family had no problem walking up to the 2nd floor with our heavy luggage. Besides that, I can say this Best Western Hotel is as good as many of the 5-star hotels. It is conveniently located right by the CA Rt 99. The room was quite and spacious; fresh and super clean. It's even got a refrigerator and a microwave oven in the room. Their breakfast was delicious and plenty. Then the ladies in the breakfast area and on the front desk were kind and sincere. I will recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us while visiting the Sequoia National Park and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. Your kind words affirm what we try to accomplish with each guest’s stay, and that is, to offer the best value. We're humbled that you consider our hotel to be mentioned among 5-star quality hotels, even though we don't offer an elevator. Although an elevator is not available, we try to make up for that by offering other amenities that are important to our guests which you were kind to highlight in your review. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.
Livermore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

From the time we checked in to the time we left our experience was great.. Everyone is friendly and helpful.. I would stay here again in a min.. Actually I booked my room already for next month. Thank you Terry and staff for taking good care of us...

Ontario, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I attended a sales conference here and had a wonderful experience. The restaurant serves great food and the staff is extra nice. I would recommend a suite if one is available. They are beautiful. As far as conferences go, You should definitely consider this hotel. Catering goes out of their way to accommodate any request you may have.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Pleasanton Ca.,, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My job requires me to travel to the Fresno/Visalia area every month for the past four years, I stayed at the Best Western Town & Country Inn my first trip and have never looked for another hotel in that area since. I have always appreciated how well run this hotel is and their attention to details. They have an outstanding complimentary breakfast and a fine fitness center that I always take advantage of. My expense report allows me to stay at more expensive hotels, but I do not like to waste money and feel I am not sacrificing anything and getting a great value at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Pomona, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

What a wonderful little hidden gem. We were on our way to The Sequoia National Park and found this comfortable resting spot. The suite we stayed in was spacious and relaxing, it was just what we needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!