“Stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Colfax, CA, United States
“Stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you need a place to stay in this area, this is the place to choose. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are comfortable, and there are added features like the lounge and good breakfast. The motel is on the frontage road next to the freeway but only a few blocks from shopping major restaurants, fast food, entertainment, and area attractions. Visalia with added attractions is just a few miles away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fifty years ago I was born in this town and in the past 10 years there has continued to be growth. I have also stayed in hotels around the world and one thing that usually stands out is how guest are treated on check in and throughout the stay. My two night stay was uneventful, and that's just how I like hotel stays. I want a room, to be to myself or with my family and if I need something, I want to have confidence that the staff will respond to my needs. This property does this. My check in was without a hitch. "Good evening, here's your room key, let us know if you need anything." It just so happened I was nursing an injury and during the second day I didn't want to move so much so I requested a late room cleaning. No problem. I left for an hour and when I returned I could settle back into my room and relax. The bed, comfortable, the breakfast, adequate with hot and cold faires, simple and good to break a fast. Check out was just like check in and I was grateful for everything provided. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Visalia, California
3,750 helpful votes 3,750 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I must say after looking around for a place due to some events going on in Tulare , and the website saying that there were not rooms available, I decided to call, which Carole answered and wow, she is very professional and totally awesome with customer service I want to be able to talk to someone like Carole everything time I call for a customer service line, Carole went beyond to get me a room and even made sure I could check in at an early time, she sure needs to be a front desk manager, she was awesome. Thank you very much for the help.. Hope to see her there every time I need a room. Now about the room, very clean, from sheets to bathroom, I checked in at 11 am and I saw the house keeping cleaning, so I tested the bathroom and the shower and they did clean it. Over all I will come back if needed and the prices are very reasonable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have stayed here many times and every time it is always clean and friendly. Yes it is older but it is the best kept place I have ever stayed. The breakfast is very good and the dining room is maintained very well with food and clean tables.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been coming here pretty regularly for the past several years (one in Jan and one in Feb) for archery tournaments with my college team (which I help coach). We typically stay at this Best Western for the weekend for the tournament. Thanks to watching shows like "Hotel Impossible" I've learned quite a bit on reviewing hotels and what I can expect for good or superior service. I've noticed the raising reviews on this hotel and realized that this place has been so reliable for our team when we visit, that I decided to give a review to promote this hotel. The Best Western here in Tulare has changed a bit since I first started coming here, and all in a good way. They update their décor, standards, room interiors, and even the breakfast.

When we arrive, the rooms tend to be clean, tidy and with new, clean sheets. I like their new bed spreads, the T.V. has plenty of channels to choose from, and they have decent WiFi. They tend to becourteous behavior, clean standards, and efforts to renew or update their hotel to stay new and competitive. One of their most endearing things they do for us is for breakfast. Apart from greatly updating their breakfast options and layout and food quality (from good to better), they are willing to set up and open the breakfast area early so that that the team and such and actually eat before we head to the tournament. We're usually at an early shift for archery and the lounge doesn't open until usually 7am, but with prior warning/request they're willing to set up and open up for us as early as 5:45am, giving us some time to eat before we have to leave around 6:15am. Since we come in the winter, getting access to a hot meal is a great help for the team and I. We're really appreciative of their accommodating us. if you're traveling to Tulare, I'd recommend the Best Western here as a clean, friendly and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Tulare, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Best hotel I have stayed at for the price. Was not expecting the quality I got with the suite. The suite was spacious and the room was very clean. I liked the two flat screen televisions with cable. Very comfortable stay and was quiet. Breakfast had a good selection.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Pleasanton Ca.,, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

When I travel I have an expense report that allows me to stay at any of the hotels that are in the area, I always choose the Best Western Plus Town & Country Lodge in Tulare because it is a great hotel where they always take care of their guests. I used to stay in more expensive hotels but I can honestly say from the staff, to the quality of the rooms , the complimentary breakfast, and the exercise room, they go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable experience. I have stayed at this hotel at least once a month for over 3 years, and I would not have any reason to stay anywhere else. When I pull into the hotel parking lot to check in it is like visiting a friend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!