“regularly dependable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Anaheim Hills, California
“regularly dependable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been coming here pretty regularly for the past several years (one in Jan and one in Feb) for archery tournaments with my college team (which I help coach). We typically stay at this Best Western for the weekend for the tournament. Thanks to watching shows like "Hotel Impossible" I've learned quite a bit on reviewing hotels and what I can expect for good or superior service. I've noticed the raising reviews on this hotel and realized that this place has been so reliable for our team when we visit, that I decided to give a review to promote this hotel. The Best Western here in Tulare has changed a bit since I first started coming here, and all in a good way. They update their décor, standards, room interiors, and even the breakfast.

When we arrive, the rooms tend to be clean, tidy and with new, clean sheets. I like their new bed spreads, the T.V. has plenty of channels to choose from, and they have decent WiFi. They tend to becourteous behavior, clean standards, and efforts to renew or update their hotel to stay new and competitive. One of their most endearing things they do for us is for breakfast. Apart from greatly updating their breakfast options and layout and food quality (from good to better), they are willing to set up and open the breakfast area early so that that the team and such and actually eat before we head to the tournament. We're usually at an early shift for archery and the lounge doesn't open until usually 7am, but with prior warning/request they're willing to set up and open up for us as early as 5:45am, giving us some time to eat before we have to leave around 6:15am. Since we come in the winter, getting access to a hot meal is a great help for the team and I. We're really appreciative of their accommodating us. if you're traveling to Tulare, I'd recommend the Best Western here as a clean, friendly and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tulare, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Best hotel I have stayed at for the price. Was not expecting the quality I got with the suite. The suite was spacious and the room was very clean. I liked the two flat screen televisions with cable. Very comfortable stay and was quiet. Breakfast had a good selection.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Pleasanton Ca.,, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

When I travel I have an expense report that allows me to stay at any of the hotels that are in the area, I always choose the Best Western Plus Town & Country Lodge in Tulare because it is a great hotel where they always take care of their guests. I used to stay in more expensive hotels but I can honestly say from the staff, to the quality of the rooms , the complimentary breakfast, and the exercise room, they go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable experience. I have stayed at this hotel at least once a month for over 3 years, and I would not have any reason to stay anywhere else. When I pull into the hotel parking lot to check in it is like visiting a friend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

El Segundo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The room was comfortable, had everything you needed. Didn't like the pillows but had my own. The breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Liked the location because close and easy access to 99 freeway and close to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Ontario, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel puts some of the Best Western Premieres to shame! Most friendly staff I have ever had! Owner is a wonderful man and cares about his guests and their experience. The beds are comfy. The noise level is zero after 10 pm. You can count on a good night sleep. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

lodi, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The staff was great. Maria at front desk was so helpful. The rooms arefine. They were clean and fine. The breakfast was nice. Fresh fruit and a hot meal. It is close to stores and places to eat. It is close to the fair grounds also. It has a bar and gym on the sight. The TV in room was big and easy to use. The rooms are good sized.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Hercules, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

After 2 nights in a terrible motel in Long Beach, this was a very welcome stay in a great place at a great price.Driving home up 99, I saw the best western sign and decided to stop. Maria checked me into the last available room (and who really minds the handicap bathroom? it's just as big and comfortable.) The room was great, the bed super, the rate incredible (the next day was the start of THE BIG EVENT of the year - the AG show). The buy one get one drink promo was a welcome end to the drive, and there are a lot of places nearby to eat. Breakfast was bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh waffle, breads,cereals, juices etc, and included in the rate. What a deal.
In full disclosure, I've been in the hotel business since 1986, and I hate to pay for rooms (yes, that explains the terrible stay in Long Beach), and I'm fairly critical. This place is great.
Even got some computer assistance from Maria that enabled me to keep working while on the road. A great team member, and a gracious, welcoming person.

Room Tip: The whole property, while close to Hwy 99, seemed very quiet and comfortable. And obviously they hav...