“nice hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
gilroy, United States
“nice hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

as we all know some chains are hit and miss with the quality of the chains. this one for being a fair market value hotel chain well meets my standards. some aren't as lavish as others but all in all they do meet this traveling mans needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
RANCHO MIRAGE,CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

have stayed here 6 times and have always been very satiusfuied witht he stafrf and the facilities. breakfast has always be good and they have a bar so you really do not need to leave the hotel after a long drive. i would recommend this bw to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Cambria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was traveling to another state and met up with two other people to travel with. I was allowed to leave my car at no charge for 5 nights. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. There is a fitness center which I did not use but seemed very nice. We received tickets for the lounge, two drinks for the price of one. Very nice lounge. My experience was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Santa Cruz, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The rooms at this hotel were very clean and comfortable. There is a lounge on site by the pool with very friendly staff. Shopping and restaurants of all types are close by and the hotel staff is very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights during a recent trip to the Sequoia Park. This hotel is located about an hour away from the parks entrance. The rooms are big and clean. There is an outside pool and spa. The free daily breakfast has hot and cold items. Its a good value if you want to save some money on hotels closer to the park.

• Stayed September 2013
BWTulare, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel when visiting the Sequoia National Park. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our location to the park provided value. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Malaga, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our western usa road trip now moves us into a one night stop in this hotel in Tulare.

On the whole im disappointed, so much so that after a 10hr drive i just had to write the trip advisor review as ifeel let down by this hotel.

1st the reception guy was cold and bored with his job, maybe life in general . No Warmley welcome nor smiles here.

2nd we were given a room on the second floor. There is NO ELEVATOR and we had 5 large cases. Not nice after a 10hr drive.

3rd the hotel initially has an odour of stale urine in the stair wells.

4th there are ceiling dome security cameras everywhere. Maybe not a negative but questions have to be raised to why?

5th the hotel is much older than it looks in the images. The bathrooms just about hold the bath and toilet and the interior of the hotel and rooms have not been updated since it was built. Still seems to be stuck in the 80s.

I have no idea how this can be a Best Western plus... Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013
It saddens me to read that you had a disappointing experience. On behalf of my team I do apologize for that. I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing with you the problems that you encountered during your stay. Please contact me at your convenience so that we may possibly find a way to restore your confidence in the BEST WESTERN PLUS Tulare. Please do contact me at 559-688-7537 or email at tony@bestwesterntulare.com
temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I normally stay at bigger brand name hotels, even if limited service. My trip is personal and I am footing the entire bill. I took the chance of staying here. Front office is very clean, lobby is too. My room is huge! When I walked in my first impression was how clean it is. Dressers, and desk are extremely dated but the rest is up dated. I love the bed! It is perfect, and the pillows are awesome! Hotel is located in walking distance from restaurants, namely Apple Annie's (yummy). Close to the Tulare Ag center also. I would come back to this hotel based on cleanliness, room size, price! It is all good.
Front desk guy is professional. Direct access to the 99 freeway, seconds away. I do recommend this hotel. I travel a lot.

Room Tip: My room is at the very end of the building, it's been really quiet! The room stays perfect in te...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and the surrounding area. We are thrilled you received a good value and that our location is convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!