“Outstanding Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Seattle
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It had been a very long day of driving on January 18. We arrived late in the evening, and the front desk woman was fantastic. We explained that we had two Reward Cards, and couldn't recall either number. She called us later to say that she had researched it for us, combined our numbers and we were all set! We didn't ask her to do this, and that is what "customer service" is all about! Then - I forgot to get a receipt for our stay. Fast forward three weeks, and now we need the receipt! We called the hotel, and got the same type of fantastic service from a different employee! They get great reviews for a reason! Glad to add our comments to the growing list.

Room Tip: No elevator, we asked for a more quiet room and received one on the second floor. No problems at al...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BWTulare, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our staff strives to provide outstanding service and knowing that we achieved that during your stay and when you called is very rewarding. We appreciate your loyalty with Best Western and we look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in Tulare.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place for a overnight stop on CA-99 in the San Joaquin Valley between Bakersfield and Fresno. Good value, clean, comfortable, convenient to shopping and restaurants. Only complaint is the small in-room fridge that cannot be shut off without unplugging it, tends to cycle noisily during the night. Pet friendly too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your business and your comments regarding our hotel and what the area has to offer. We do have many guests who find our location convenient because we are a midway point on the 99 freeway. If passing through this area in the future, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was a very nice Motel. The room was nice and roomy and had a Microwave, a refrigerator and a coffee pot and they all worked. The desk clerk was very nice, friendly and professional. There was also a large Screen TV in the room. I was given a buy one get one free drink coupon when I checked in. There was a lounge that served some drinks and where you could order some food at a reasonable price. There is no elevator, but there were accessable rooms available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when visiting Tulare and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We continue to do our best to provide a comfortable and well maintained room, desired amenities like a refrigerator and microwave in each room, convenience by providing food and drinks in our lounge and friendly service. We look forward to your visit again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Overall I was very impressed with the room and the cleanliness of the hotel. Everything from the carpeting in the hall and room to the decorative pillows looked new. The bed was pretty comfortable, too. Overall I would say this is the nicest looking Best Western I've ever stayed in. Well it is a Best Western "Plus" so I assume it is supposed to be nicer than the average Best Western hotel, which I usually avoid on personal travel, but often get stuck in for business travel!

My only real complaints on the room were the heater which appeared to be an original unit from the 1950's and the lack of shampoo/conditioner provided in the room. I really hate those little teeny tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner they give you. I usually travel with my own amenities, but I don't usually pack shampoo and conditioner because they have a tendency to leak into your suitcase. So I like when rooms have the dispensers in the shower itself so you can use as much as you like. I know Best Western needs to cut costs somewhere so they can offer a lower rate than the competing (and usually better) Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn brand, I just wish they'd find another way to do it! I also miss the full size towels in the bath room. I'm a pretty big guy and these little toddler towels they give you in the bath now just don't cut it!

But let's get back to the heater from the era that time forgot. It was good enough at keeping the room warm, but there never seemed to be a comfortable setting as we were either cold or too hot. It has one of those old dials on it without the temperature gauge, so your options are basically low or high. Even worse though was the loud noise that the heater made every time it kicked on, which was near as I could tell about every other minute it would shut itself off, then restart itself. This made it difficult to get a good uninterrupted night of sleep.

The desk staff that checked me in was very friendly, but the one that checked me out in the morning was about as fake polite as possible. We never tried the continental breakfast or the pool (since it was winter) so no comments on those.

Overall, I was pleased with the stay and I think at about $75 for the King room it's decent enough for this area. You can get a room at the adjacent Motel 6 for about half the price of this facility, but I doubt it would be as nice.

Room Tip: Tulare is pretty small and most of the hotels seem to be located in this area near the Hwy 99, so it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed three days. Door between rooms was thin enough to share conversations. Aside from that awkwardness, room had everything I needed (Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave and big flat screen!) Cleaning? better be specific. If you leave empty used cups on the counters, they will not touch it. Programmed wake-up calls were on time. Breakfast hot and ready at 6am. Unfortunately, gym is "weak" with a haphazard workout machine and only opens at 9am, so no workouts before company meetings. Oh and it's joined with the laundry facility, so be prepared to exhibit your workout skills to laundry-goers standing by, waiting for their loads to dry. No elevators, so don't bring anything heavy unless you're up for lugging it up the stairs. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

It picked the stay randomly for overnight rest. It wan't bad. The air quality in room was very acceptable for a thrid grade chain hotel. Will choose the same next time. The breakfast was relatively simple, but the service person was nice as I left tip as usual.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hilights: Clean room, spacious room, excellent check-in (Carole), excellent bartender at lounge (Andrew), comfortable beds, fast/free wireless Internet, overall a good stay. * Although the free breakfast is decent, my company will not reimburse for breakfast if it is provided by the hotel. This is a self serve, self cook (on some items) breakfast, so I would prefer the hotel cook the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!