“Good overnight stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel is easy to find with a warm welcome on reception. Our room was clean and well maintained with good amenities such as microwave, fridge and coffee maker. There is a nice bar area and sitting area if you don't want to stay in the room. We didn't partake of the breakfast in the morning as we had to leave early.
The only problem we had was the very cheap toilet seat which was lightweight plastic and the fastening where quite loose so much so it moved off the toilet pan and I ricked my back. I left a note on the comment sheet.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. You can hear footsteps and drawers closing if you are on the lower f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Heemskerk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We visited the hotel during our trip from Williams (AZ) to San Francisco, with 4 adults. I had made a reservation the day before and I asked for a suite with 3 queen size beds. The room was very spacious and clean. Nice bathroom, 2 larde flatscreens and an small kitchen. The beds were comfortable. The bar in the hotel was nice and well equipped, with a good choice of liquors. Breakfast was ok, also a possibility to make your own waffles. Absloutely a good choice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The check-in was fast and the lady friendly and helpful. As usual we found a nice big and clean room. The breakfeasts was very good. The only thing was that 90% of the hotel was taken by workers that were loud and we could tell smoked in there room. They visited each other and we could hear the noise of the doors banging. The thing is we love best western. It is our favorite hotel until now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the lounge on the upper floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is my newest favorite place to be and will be staying here many more times. The streets in the area were a slight headache to navigate, but once i found the hotel it was amazing. The front desk clerk Sal had checked me in and was very friendly and extra accommodating when it came to room selection. I wasn't 100% pleased that housekeeping didn't wait very long to come into the room after they knocked and woke me up from an late morning nap. The breakfast was very nice, lots of great selection with HOT foods included. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Checkout was simple and quick, they lady who checked us out was very friendly and polite as well!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you'd like! They're very accommodating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mantua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The front staff was excellent and management was giving out buy one drink and get one free can't beat that not that we drink but it was a nice gesture. The rooms were large compared to most in the industry (I spend 100 night a year in them i know) plenty of room for the king size bed with a chair and table and nice flat screen tv. We stayed close to the Pool,bar,hot tub and used them all the staff throughout the buildiing were very nice and kind. The free breakfast the next morning was excellent and plenty of everything I wish to thank the food staff for keeping everything hot and lines moving fast.
We enjoyed our stay can't be beat for under 85. and free drinks and free breakfast (that couldn't be matched for under $25 in a restaurant.). Great place to stay before you get to the Sequoia National forest. Oh yea the bed was real comfy :)

Room Tip: eat dinner next door looks iffy but the food is great... Stay away from cool hand lukes unless you l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been staying at the Best Western Plus Town and Country in Tulare, Ca. for over a decade. I find myself in Tulare and the surrounding area on business quite frequently and I always stay at the Best Western.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and well kept. As is the hotel grounds. When there have been issues, they are remedied immediately.
There is free internet access, a very good hot breakfast and a decent selection of television channels. There is also a wide varienty of restaurants and stores very close to the hotel.
As I said, I stay when I'm in town on business but I would stay for personal. I highly recommend this hotel. In fact, when I stay out of town in other places I alway look for a Best Western because of my years of great experience with the Best Western in Tulare.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed two nights here while we visited the Sequoia Nat'l Forest. The room was clean and comfortable. My welcome from the night receptionist was not all that great. We arrived late and there had been an issue with our credit card so when I got there I got griped out about it and was told I was lucky she didn't cancel my room. It was the credit card company's problem...not anything I did. I realized she was frustrated (and probably should have cancelled the room based on company policy) but I didn't appreciate being scolded like a child. It could have been handled much better. She also wasn't very happy I had children with me and asked if they would be quiet because she didn't want them waking up other travelers. She even asked if they were the kind of kids to jump up and down on floors and beds. So rude. She did however give me a great little guidebook and directions to Sequoia Nat'l Forest which I appreciated. The other night receptionist was very nice. I would stay again because the price, location and cleanliness of the rooms were great. Just don't bring any loud kids!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BWTulare, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while on your way to the Sequoia National Forest. We appreciate your feedback because it helps improve our service to guests like you. We’re glad your overall stay was a “good value and great stay” despite the poor customer service you received at check-in. We sincerely apologize, and have used your feedback as an opportunity to retrain our staff and make sure all our guests receive excellent service at check-in in the future. If you’re ever in our area, we hope that you’ll consider us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!