“The smell outside is awful...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Kiev
“The smell outside is awful...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I wouldn't recommend to stay in Tulare at all, because of the smell of the kettles nearby. As far as I could recognized the smell - it's a smell of cows and their fodder. If you're going to Sequoia National Park, you'd better stay in Visalia (but still it's a long way to the park) or in the park itself (Three Rivers is the closest place to the park entrance - 11 km). The hotel is fairly good, but the smell..... is simply unbearable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

It's already been about 3 weeks and I like to include more detail than this, so I apologize in advance. My main impression as I was there was that alot of the glowing reviews were because of the bar on site. Alcohol tends to improve the opinion of many. That being said, once I got over a slight letdown (I don't drink), I was very pleased with the motel.

The beds were comfortable, the service was kind and considerate, the room was recently remodeled and had a large flat panel TV. The pool was decent and small as they usually are at Motor Inns.

Even with the Tulare early morning farm odor that permeates the area most days, the value trumps it and we would stay here again for a quick, easy, cheap motor stop.

We also recently stayed at the Quality Inn Tulare and the Charter Inn Tulare. All 3 are superior and can be trusted. I rank Charter #1, Best Western (this one) #2, and Quality #3. All 3 were good enough to be tops for me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bethel, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here 8/22 for one night on our way from Yosemite to Las Vegas. The next moring we realized we had stayed here 12 years ago. I wish I could remember the gentlemen who checked us in, for he was so fast and efficient. We have never been checked in with such efficiency before in our lives and we travel alot. Pleasat personnel and accommodating. This is a great great place to stay. Rates are excellent, especially for what you get. Rooms are spacious, clean and beds are very very comfortable. There is a bar/lounge in this Best Western and was full the night we got there. The breakfast line has over 12 tables to sit at, and you get eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, cereal, fruit, beverages. It is not a continental breakfast. One would be very pleased with this. We did not use the pool so can not comment on the pool. We did use the laundry and unlike a previous hotel that charged $2.50 a load, they charge $1.00 per wash and per dry. We really can't say enough about what a great place this was to stay at and we will if in the area definitely stay here again.
Craig & Jane Ryerson, Bethel, Maine

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Yearly we take a trip south and spend the night here. Solid Best Western accomodations, big, clean rooms and a fantastic hot breakfast with good variety in the am. Fun lounge/bar and at check in they give you drink vouchers to use (buy one/get one). I utilize Best Westerns when I have to hotel it and the Tulare Town and County Lodge is tops.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Second time I've stayed at the Best Western Town and Country Lodge, and this one was even better. Not only has the room been updated (new countertops and nicer lobby area), but the breakfast had even more offerings (do-it-yourself waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, strong coffee) and the lounge bartender was even fun in the evenings. We had spent a long day at Sequoia National Park and coming back to a refreshing dip in the pool, Direct TV, and a good night's sleep was just the thing. I even snuck in a workout in the gym (small but good utility value).

Stopping at Tulare really broke up the long drive between LA and San Francisco; I would do that again. Was really impressed that even with a full house, I felt like I was getting good service from an attentive staff at the Best Western. Thanks!

Room Tip: Check in early and drop off the bags before going outlet shopping!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Orinda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

It seems whole property has been remoldeled not too long ago. Spacious room with two queen beds, updated HDTV set with nicely bundled cable TV programs, comfortable bath room. Although I only stayed there for one night, I feel this is a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I spend a considerable amount of time traveling for work and finding a hotel with consistent guest services and care is very rare but there are the exceptions to the rule. If you are staying in the Tulare area I would recommend the BW Town and Country Lodge. They have a very dedicated and caring staff who are very professional and ensure that your stay is enjoyable and to your satisfaction. I have been staying at this location for well over 2 years and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are very clean and well kept. There might be better and more expensive hotels but if you want customer care and a friendly home atmosphere I would recommend the BW Town and Country. YOU can't go wrong and you will be satisfied.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge

Address: 1051 North Blackstone St., 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274
Location: United States > California > Tulare
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Tulare
#1 Best Value Hotel in Tulare
#2 Family Hotel in Tulare
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tulare
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Town And Country Lodge
Best Western Plus Town & Country Hotel Tulare
Best Western Tulare
Tulare Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.