“Below average experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Tulare
A TripAdvisor Member
“Below average experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2006

While not terrible, my week long stay at the Togas Inn in Tulare California left many things to be desired.

Firt of all, the room I stayed in was fairly clean, but the furniture was old and dirty. I had no desire at all to put my clean clothes in the dirty drawers.

My biggest problem was that though advertised, the wireless internet access was sporadic at best. I am a web designer and it's how I make my living. So during the day I was required to call the front desk constantly to ask the staff to 'reboot' the internet signal. I am also an early riser, and the staff is simply 'not available' prior to 7 or 8 am every morning. So every morning I was unable to do any online work until someone woke up and answered the front desk phone and then rebooted the internet signal.

Lastly, the location of the hotel is awful. No stores, no restaurants, nothing. There is a giant old abandoned niteclub boarded up next door, which frankly is very scary looking. The town of Tulare is only a couple of miles away, but if you need anything at all, you must drive there, nothing is available near the hotel.

• Stayed January 2006

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
arcata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

We went to the Agri-Expo in Tulare recently and stay at the Togas Inn. When we went there for last year Agri-Expo, the name was still Travelodge of Tulare. What a difference it make. It seems the new Togas Inn management have spent some time and money to clean up the rooms, the bedspreads are new, coffee was very good (and donuts too), the courtyard is trimmed and mowed, and more importantly, they have installed high speed wireless internet which worked flawlessly from our room. We definitely will book this place for next year Agri-Expo.

Been to Motel 99? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 99

Address: 26442 North Highway 99, Tulare, CA 93274 (Formerly Togas Inn)
Location: United States > California > Tulare
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Tulare
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Motel 99 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Motel 99, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.