“Excellente!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Mexican
“Excellente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Order drinks & appetitezers... They were great! Drove from visalia and it was worth the 15 min. drive...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California, USA
“Excellent Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I got fish with vegetables, and cleaned my plate. My brother got shrimp enchiladas, and said they were excellent. We did not get margaritas, but saw them being delivered to other tables, and they looked great. There were other items on the menu that looked interesting, and a little different than the typical Mexican restaurant- when i return, I will try them.

Visited March 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Tacos are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We enjoyed the tacos! Our whole family ate about 15. We would go here again.

Visited December 2011
“Best Mexican food plates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

I really love their food. Every time I have dinner there I am never disappointed! My favorite are the enchiladas, nothing tops their amazing sauces.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tulare, California
“Sorry to have to drop my rating on Que Pasa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is my second review of this restaurant and I am afraid I cannot give them any more than two stars this time. My husband and I love *some* of the food there (their fajitas and tamales, for example), but their refried beans are horrible. In fact, "horrible" would be an understatement. When a restaurant specializes in ethnic food and they consitantly serve an inedible staple from their menu, you know they have a problem. How difficult is it to prepare refried beans??? Que Pasa's beans are a disgustingly pale grey and so watery they spread all over the plate. They have served us flavorless, watery refried beans, not just once, but every time we have eaten there over the past couple years. We've complained, and I am sure others have also, but it never changes. A month or so ago, we took out of town company to dinner there and I forgot to tell them not to order the refried beans. Sure enough, they were inedible and it rather put a damper on an otherwise pretty good meal. It's sad when people come from Missouri to the Central Valley and get inedible Mexican food! I WANT to like Que Pasa, because the atmosphere is nice and some of their food is very good, but my husband and I have given up on them until they get their refried bean problem straightened out. There are other good Mexican restaurants in this town that know how to prepare beans.

Visited September 2011

Been to Que Pasa Mexican Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Que Pasa Mexican Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.